DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2

What are the typical time frames for versions with DJI?
For the past couple of years, DJI has been releasing a new Phantom model around March-April each year. I don't know if we'll see a similar release schedule with the Mavic.

Did not happen with the P4P thought lol

I doubt there will be a #2 until the same time next year if that. I mean November orders still have a 6 to 8 week lead time. But in reality no one knows, not even DJI even though I am sure they are already working on it.

My unofficial guess is that with the Mavic Pro still so far behind in production that we will not be hearing about a replacement version for a while.

Agreed. They will sell as many of the V1 as possible to utilize all of the invested tooling costs and R&D behind it.

How about fuel cells that plug in instead of the battery? Now that would fly a long time

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

360 Obstacle avoidance
Controller that can hold Ipad mini or 8" Tab
HDMI out and a MIC to record audio
Longer landing gear
Timelapse
Better gimbal clamp

Reactions: grizzard
Timelapse would be a function of the GO app, not the physical drone though, correct?
In that case, it could still come to the Mavic (1) Pro

Make it 360 degrees obstacles avoidance ... give it a 6 mile radius 45 min batter life. Make the controller better without losing signal
You'll never make a transmitter that doesn't lose connection, be it from going out to far or going behind buildings or other objects.

How can you make the Mavic better in all honesty? Its already top of the line about as much as you can get for its size.

A better camera. Ability to transfer DNG files to the phone, or improve the quality of the JPEG files.
More collision avoidance sensors. At least on the sides.

That's all I can think of. Honestly, they can just shove a bigger camera sensor in there and I'll pay to upgrade. It's rare that a company knocks it out of the park so fantastically with their first iteration of a product.

Reactions: gavin and Gizmo21
Enhanced flight time with a dual battery system for redundancy. Removable gimbal that's plug and play.

360 Obstacle avoidance
Controller that can hold Ipad mini or 8" Tab
HDMI out and a MIC to record audio
Longer landing gear
Timelapse
Better gimbal clamp
Timelapse is in the new app; it is called interval mode.
Regards,
-d.

Last edited:
Automatic gimbal lock on power down
Lens hood rather than clear bubble
Extended landing gear
Inbuilt GPS locator for retrieving lost drones
Switchable strobes to help locate in poor light
More bandwidth for video
Bag 10mm bigger so the dam thing fits more easily!
Better location for the sports mode switch when used with iPad mini

A lot of these suggestions would most likely raise the price to Phantom levels maybe more. Lots of good ideas though.

Reactions: Tomski

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka