DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 3

jpfahy

Reactions
So with Christmas out of the way will they announce a Mavic Pro 3 shortly?? The Mavic Pro 2 was released in August 2018, a long time ago in the tech world.

I hope to go to CES and see if they will spill the beans on anything.... but they are usually pretty tight lipped unless they choose to use CES as an announcement platform.

Last edited:
Reactions: JS1600
I'm hoping that whatever the Mavic 3 is... It's not enough to sway me to upgrade from Mavic 2 Pro... I have yet to make full use of it's capabilities. Also, I'm hoping heat from Autel and Skydio force DJI to be more customer friendly. Right now their customer service flat out sucks.

I'm hoping that whatever the Mavic 3 is... It's not enough to sway me to upgrade from Mavic 2 Pro... I have yet to make full use of it's capabilities. Also, I'm hoping heat from Autel and Skydio force DJI to be more customer friendly. Right now their customer service flat out sucks.
I’ve dealt with their customer service and find them to be pretty good.

About the only way I will go for a Mavic "3" will be if it uses the same batteries as the Mavic 2, but that has not been the case (ever) with DJI, so I'm not too hopeful. It better be one heck of an upgrade in the camera and features... eyeing the Autel Evo 2 with changeable cameras.

The new Autel Evo is supposed to be released in the early part of 2020. I assume DJI will release around then too, IF they have anything to release. IMHO

Reactions: chuck1026
I wish M3 will use the latest photo processing technologies such as those used in new smartphones. The night-time photos I get from my M2 is still not as good as those from my iphone 11 pro desipte the fact that M2 has a much bigger sensor.

Reactions: chuck1026
About the only way I will go for a Mavic "3" will be if it uses the same batteries as the Mavic 2, but that has not been the case (ever) with DJI, so I'm not too hopeful. It better be one heck of an upgrade in the camera and features... eyeing the Autel Evo 2 with changeable cameras.
Same here. I've grown tired of the buy new everything game with DJI.

Reactions: Maviculous
I live and fly in rural locations with no cell coverage. Under the new regs if the drone can't connect to the internet, it won't take off. My Mp2 might be the end of the line. If it doesn't make to 2023, I'll wait a long while before I purchase another drone.

Reactions: Paul2660
I live and fly in rural locations with no cell coverage. Under the new regs if the drone can't connect to the internet, it won't take off. My Mp2 might be the end of the line. If it doesn't make to 2023, I'll wait a long while before I purchase another drone.
I guess they should know if they try to restrict so much, alternative firmware will pop up in months. Just like piracy, there's limit above which people will pay others to fix it for them.

Reactions: Thanev
I expect lots of hacked drones too. And the problem the feds think they’re fixing now will only get worse.

Reactions: Thanev
I expect lots of hacked drones too. And the problem the feds think they’re fixing now will only get worse.

I have stopped updating firmware, GO4, & databases on my MA until this becomes a little more clear!

It seems that DJI has delayed releasing the Mavic 3 in order to improve the specifications to compete with the Autel Evo 2 which has just been released: EVO II is here
You would have to know when/if DJI planned to release a Mavic 3 to know it had been delayed.
The Evo 2 might have been announced but it has not been released.
DJI don't announce anything until just before release.
Autel announce long before release.

Hope that mavic 3 wont have more then 4 k resolution. It is so much overkill. We dont need higher resolution just better quality!
I’ve heard a few stories that Atuel’s 8k video almost needs a supercomputer to work. Apple’s new high buck Pro apprantly isn’t up to the challenge. Also heard the human eye can only resolve so far, anything over that is overkill

Reactions: panoramia
It seems like it's all about numbers right now. Autel came to conclusion that they will create fake 8 k camera just to make atention and create hype. And truly this hype we got - so many articles and videos are going along with this madness.
On the other hand this madness is good for us cuz dji can clearly see that people are truly that stupid and will go with this hype and fake numbers. They dont want but they must answer to this situation otherwise they will lose prestige and money.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say necessarily stupid. Cameras and smartphones also went through the megapixel race. It takes time till people realize it's quality that counts. Drones at this price point a much less a mass market product. More like a DSLR kind of purchase, so I guess less prone to fall for a 8k VS 4k marketing (not that I read about the quality in this 8k cameras).

And although Hasselblad is owned by DJI there's good people there to steer away from this path.

That said, I think drones are the kind of platform where 8k makes much more sense than the rest, as getting closer might be much more of a challenge and zooming in post might be the only solution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett