DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 9 Month Review - What DJI don't tell you

heo3480

Reactions
I have been using it since the beginning of this year. I think now is the time, to tell the truth about owning Mavic Pro in view. I made the 9-month review covering the dark side of drone so you know what to expect when purchasing.

What unexpected issues have you experienced with your Mavic Pro and what did you do to fix it?

Cannot wait to watch this when I get home..
I have the Mav since early December and it is more than I expected. The most enjoyable and reliable flyingthingy I have/had. Keeps me busy, does not get boring.
Yes DJI policy/ updates is crap but we learnt how to get rid of those too.

I totally agree with the last 90 sec of the video. The efforts are really appreciated though.
I had none of the issues and have abused my mavic in ways that hurt most drone owners in the lower abdominal area (the b'tard even seemed to like it) and eventually the sea took it. My fault. Moved on to no2, repeat!

Reactions: bjazi023
@Maclak what happend?

Agree with most things in the video! Also gives me an explanation as to why my drone flew into a wall recently!

Great honest vid!

Reactions: SteveM
@yymavyy thanks.
I think many users are fine. I'll get my machine back on Thursday from repair, and hope all is ok.

LOL. "Drones and Electric Unicycles". Tell you what, I'd like a drone unicycle! Make it happen, Cap'n.

LOL, take a look at my logo ;-)

I have been using it since the beginning of this year. I think now is the time, to tell the truth about owning Mavic Pro in view. I made the 9-month review covering the dark side of drone so you know what to expect when purchasing.

What unexpected issues have you experienced with your Mavic Pro and what did you do to fix it?

VERY VERY VERY HAPPY with mine. See Aerial Photographer - Real Estate - Wedding Photographer

This is video is such a troll....... Pretty much anything mechanical / computer is going to have the occasional glitch from iPhones, to cars, to anything you like. It's like complaining that the clouds get infront of the sun occasionally.

As for the gimbal...... MANY ND filters are way to tight requiring a ton of force to get on and off. Think that might cause stress issues with the gimbal?

I've totally abused my Mavic flying it in the rain, trees, fog, crashing it flying it indoors and it works totally fine....

The occasional one might not be 100% but hell, life isn't 100%..... not a single person has survived it.

This is video is such a troll....... Pretty much anything mechanical / computer is going to have the occasional glitch from iPhones, to cars, to anything you like. It's like complaining that the clouds get infront of the sun occasionally.

As for the gimbal...... MANY ND filters are way to tight requiring a ton of force to get on and off. Think that might cause stress issues with the gimbal?

I've totally abused my Mavic flying it in the rain, trees, fog, crashing it flying it indoors and it works totally fine....

The occasional one might not be 100% but ****, life isn't 100%..... not a single person has survived it.

I found keeping the gimbal clamp on while changing ND filter will help prevent stress to the gimbal.

Yes you are correct... to quote The Door... "No one here gets out alive."

Reactions: RedBully
@4:36 he says there is a way around the problem of the RC charging off the Android - "But it involves Advanced Android Knowledge"

Anyone know what he means? What the trick is?
I've rooted my Android and installed an app that's supposed to prevent this happening but didn't if thats what he ment.
If still drains my Note 4 very quickly.

The occasional one might not be 100% but ****, life isn't 100%..... not a single person has survived it.
The Mavic itself is great.

The absolute trash Android app to fly it should be be removed as an option from the DJI advertising, as they are only interested in the iPhone users.
6 months of glitches and locked screens and I've pretty much lost interest in flying the drone except for special events.

the problem of the RC charging off the Android - "But it involves Advanced Android Knowledge". Anyone know what he means? What the trick is?

An app that stops charging your tablet/phone - only on rooted device.

I certainly had the gimbal issue, half way through Simpson Desert trip . . . ah well, got some good footage for a lot of it.
It was the calibration process, the gimbal would just end up pointing down and off to one side a little.
It went back to DJI, and new (refurbished ?) one was sent out a week later.

I don't know if part of the issue was user (me) and I do have the NISI filters, AND I did fly it a couple of times with the gimbal clamp on, a couple of minutes both times max, returned to me immediately and removed clamp, continued flight.
After one such on a dune that last trip, the gimbal error started, nothing would remedy the problem.

I made sure that would never happen again, glued a piece of fluro rescue tape to hang down from the flat side of the clamp, you literally can't miss it, or handle the drone without noticing it !!

Any sort of bright ribbon etc will do, just as long as it's flat the clear cover can still be clipped on over for transport.

mavic_clamp_tape_lr.jpg

Anyway, that's the only issue I have had with it.
No crashes, no near misses, landed with min 10% battery remaining, and that's flying close.
Still lots to learn and improve stills and video, but all good fun.

Reactions: Philbern2
@MAvic_South_Oz I need to make this mod as well. I'm not sure if this was the reason for my gimbal failure, as this happened a few times where I forgot to remove it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54