DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro almost became a memory

Paulis

Reactions
Sunday May 9th 2021. Took her for a quick spin. Same route as usual, cruising slightly above 400ft. Then it all went wrong, till it didn't. When I finally landed it the tips of the Right rear prop were shattered as if by impact. I did not see any birds, but it cannot be ruled out. Hawks and Osprey are very prevelant here in Central Florida. There was no blood on the drone. I am very new to flying, been at it for about a month and a half. Any thoughts?

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
At 200sec into the flight, you apply full elevator+a tad aileron stick input ... & starts to add in some rudder commands. Just there the AC starts to be unstable in pitch & roll. Together with this the current draw peaks (where I have placed the marker in the chart). This can indicate that something happens just there ... or it can also mean nothing as the movements in pitch & roll also can be a result of that you start to steer the AC with 3 different inputs.

At 211sec the AC clearly looses thrust in the right rear ... all AC movements show that without doubt. There the AC pitch up=looses thrust in the rear, the AC roll over to the right=loses thrust on the right, the AC starts to rotate CW=the AC have lost thrust in one of the CCW torquing sides (either rear right or front left).

So that the rear right prop is damaged is consistent with what's shown in the log.

1621073628114.png

Looking into the log event stream doesn't add anything new ... between the 2 timings I've mentioned we see a motor current & over current error ... then after the AC have started to spiral we see motor obstruction errors.

1621074153929.png

In order to see if anything hit the AC we need to access the raw sensor data ... in particular the acceleration & motor data. That data is in the mobile device DAT log.

The correct DAT log from this flight ends with FLY161.DAT ... read up here on how to retrieve --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide (read under section 3.) Then attach it to a new post here.

Reactions: Paulis
Unfortunately there is no .dat files in the folder location on my IOS device. I did manage to export the txt file to AIRDATA.

Unfortunately there is no .dat files in the folder location on my IOS device. I did manage to export the txt file to AIRDATA.

Since this is a Mavic Pro the .DAT log files on the MP itself are readable. Take a look at these instructions to see how to retrieve the .DAT
How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC
It will be too large to attach to a post so you will need to use a public sharing site like Dropbox or GoogleDrive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929