DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro and Garmin watch

DC89

Reactions
Hi Guys

I`m new to the forum and are about to get my mavic pro in twee weeks time. I guess the popular question now is what device to use it with. And I think maybe the most frequent question asked on the forum if searched. At the moment I do not see myself purchasing a £350 Ipad mini 4 wi-fi + cellular. I will only use this device with my mavic and will have no other use for it.

I`ve seen great reviewes of the cheap Huawei T3 tablet. I also believe it has GPS but can`t see that anyone could confirm if this works with the follow me mode.

My only problem is having GPS and to be honest I will feel more confident with GPS. Also I would love to use maps. So I red the previous post and saw that some guys buy bluetooth GPS devices and connect these to their Ipad mini wi-f only.

My question is:

I have a Garmin 920XT, one of the top GPS watches made by Garmin, it has bluetooth as well as wi-fi. It`s a great watch and the GPS has never let me down. I want to coonect the watch to my Ipad, or even to the mavic itself. Thus, would the GPS in the watch be able to perform the same feature as the bluetooth GPS devices bought by some? I can connect the watch to my phone and Ipad for all the updates. So will there be any reason why this will not work? Have someone maybe tried this in the past?

I will greatly appreciate any feedback

Thank you

My only problem is having GPS and to be honest I will feel more confident with GPS.
The Mavic only uses GPS data from the mobile device when using the Follow Me flight mode or when you manually reset the home point to your current location after taking off. If you're not going to use either of those features, then there is no benefit to having GPS on your mobile device.

I can connect the watch to my phone and Ipad for all the updates. So will there be any reason why this will not work?
I've never heard of anyone using a Garmin watch. It sounds like you're confirming it works with other apps on your phone/iPad, so it should work with DJI GO too. You could certainly test it out since you already own it.

Thank you MSINGER for the reply. I have no idea if it works, if I say it connects , just meaning it can connect to my Laptop, Ipdad, phone with Wi-fi or bluetooth without any issue and hence the reason why I was hoping somone can tell me if the watch will act the same as a bluetooth GPS device like the Garmin Go, Dual GPS or those sorts of devices.

You'll know it's working if you can see a blue dot on the map in DJI GO. The blue dot shows the current location of your mobile device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose