DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro attacked by bees

kingkrule

Reactions
As it says the tittle. Today I was returning home when I started to see some strange shadows that turn to be a bunch of angry bees.

It was in the middle of the city at less than 30mts high.

It seems that I killed some of them

Anyone has had this kind of experience? If so, it is dangerous for the aircraft?

Attachments

• IMG_2667.JPG
    IMG_2667.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 690
  • IMG_2666.JPG
    IMG_2666.JPG
    902.9 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_2665.JPG
    IMG_2665.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 670
Happened to me with my Phantom 3 Pro a while ago, I had bits of bee in the gimbal and around the shell. I am pretty sure it resulted in a failure of the camera and gimbal some months later so I would be careful clearing it up and check everywhere.

Reactions: Retoxx
Mavic: "Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Translation in Bee: "I am your robot lord. Come worship me. Sacrifice yourselves for my bug-guts-covered glory!"

DJI might want to fix this so in the next firmware, the Mavic says "Bzzzzzzzzz" ("Nothing to see here, buzz along") instead.

Interesting!
I wonder if the sound made them think another colony was swarming into their territory.

Reactions: geevee
You probably don't want a bunch of bee blood getting sucked into the cooling fan. Do bees have blood? Well, I'm no bee-ologist.

Jeez, from the one picture looking up at the mavic they look huge! Just curious if you have African killer bees in your area, very aggressive.

Jeez, from the one picture looking up at the mavic they look huge! Just curious if you have African killer bees in your area, very aggressive.
Yes, i suspect they were like some kind of big bees, not just the normal ones. And no, i live in Chile. Don't think there are African bees over here.

I think the African bee was released in Brazil in the 1950's and spread over south, central, and now north america.

I think the African bee was released in Brazil in the 1950's and spread over south, central, and now north america.
oh.. i was googling and is here for long time.. they just have a different name "yellow jackets" . Thanks for the input man!

That was certainly interesting to watch. Did the bees retreat after you landed?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580