DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro batteries

123taff

Reactions
Hi, I am in the UK and one of my Mavic Pro Batteries seems to have overheated whilst charging overnight and the base is now swollen do it wont git in the drone. It is lighting up and showing a full charge however. I thought I would therefore get a spare battery, but it appears that DJI have discontinued this support for the 1st gen Mavic Pro. I then did a google search and replacement batteries appear to be as rare as hen's teeth, the few places that might have supplied them appear to be exorbitantly priced, or out of stock. I saw a Chinese site named Grandodo.com, but web reports them as a scam site. Is there a reliable and reasonably priced source of these batteries that anyone knows of please?

they are very thin on the ground now ,you might be able to get MPP batteries still, they are the same just a different colour

Bummer on your side of the pond, I'm showing them 46.78 Euro over this side and in stock on Ebay Sellers (Not OEM).

Reactions: Thomas B
Is it possible to charge a dji pro battery that has not been used in other words I just bought a mavic pro and the batteries led lights not coming on it’s brand new. I doubt if it was used stored away with no voltage or charge.
thanks

Hopefully you had a lipo battery bag in place - any smell while charging?

No the batteries are dead so I have to dispose of them.?

It can still be found in Amazon:

US$99 is still acceptable given that it is a brand new OEM and discontinued model.
What's important is the manufacturing date. Last October, from Ebay, I paid $78 one brand new OEM MPP white battery for replacement and the date code was 2019.11. It had less than 1 year from date of manufacturing so I was happy. It's getting hard to find these brand new OEM.

Good luck and fly safe.

Agree these batteries are getting harder to obtain Apart from purchasing two new batteries at a £85 each from a company within driving distance from my home, I bought two from eBay unfortunately that was before I found the company? I had to send one bay as it had a rattling noise inside?

I just had one of my two batteries start swelling so I'm reluctant to use it anymore, I've discovered to my utter amazement and total disgust that DJI is no longer providing them (or any parts for the Mavic Pro) :mad: !
I find that to be simply outfuckingrageous, I'm in Europe, in France, so getting them from the US is not really an option given the shipping price and taxes so I've resorted to buying a pair off from AliExpress (first time purchases over there)

This lack of product support will weigh heavily in my decision to ever buy a DJI product again (as in over my dead body), this is not a 50 euro toy the bloody thing was over 1000 euros when I bought it in France, IMO to discontinue support for it after so little time is simply a clear message DJI doesn't give a **** about it's clients

Last edited:
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I bought 4 of the mavic pro batteries (new, original dji in the box sealed) a couple of years ago as spares when they were being discontinued. They have a manufacturing date of late 2018. I only opened two. They performed better than the one that came with my drone!

Anyway, reading this thread feeling sorry for you guys! Maybe I can help you out. I am considering letting the two new, boxed ones go since I see all the pain you guys are going through. Plus, my open ones are still fine.

Of course I give my personal guarantee that they are legit dji and anyone who gets them is 100% satisfied. I have excellent ebay references as well. I am located in the US.

Yes, it's been several years since they were available in Oz, I too bought up (I think what could have been) the last 2 in the country, so have 6 still as new batteries thankfully.

Platinum batteries are also obsolete here.

I noticed post 9 amazon link above is now also saying discontinued.

There are after market ones out there, the only choice now.
I posted up an aussie link ebay on another thread last week . . .

Powerextra Mavic Pro Battery, 11.4V 3830 mAh LiPo Intelligent Flight Battery Replacement for DJI Mavic Pro & Platinum & Alpine White Drone: Drone Accessories: Amazon.com.au

Also found one for CA (not sure Canada site I think) . . .

mavic pro battery | eBay

The other thread concerned (was an MA2 post, but someone with an M1P came along too) . . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose