DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro battery issue

Alextazee

Reactions
So, I crashed mu Mavic pro in neighbor backyard (hit the tall tree). Neighbor's dog brought the drone, but without the battery.
We tried to find the battery, but since it was dark outside, we had to quit the search till the morning.
Tomorrow, he brought the battery to my home, but since I wasn't there, my girlfriend received it. If I understood correctly, he found it that night since he was afraid he's dog might chew it up, because I warned him it might be toxic. The point is, the battery hasn't spent the night outside (I hope).

Anyway, I got the battery, and it powers all four LED lights on test, but when I put it in the drone, I can turn it on, but it doesn't power up the drone. And when I put on the charger starts charging for a short time, and then it stops, after a few seconds it starts again, than stops, and so on..
Here's the video that shows it.

Any ideas?

Interesting update:
I can power up the drone using an external power source, also reading the original battery parameters, but it still wouldn't charge...

Interesting video. If the equipment works for your other batteries I think you have reached life expectancy for the battery in question.

The battery health is showing 3/4 LEDs, and the charge cycle is 59, so I'm not sure if that's the life expectancy .
Unfortunately, that's the only battery I have right now. I've ordered a new one, and waiting for delivery for now..

Sorry you’re temporarily grounded... btw, how do you stand to fly only one battery... I always carry 4 + 1 in the bird. One flight always seems to lead to another for a closer look at something. Using the DJI 4 position charger (high output model), I can charge 4 batteries from dead in about 2hrs.

Well, I had one more but it went to self-discharge because I left it unattended for about 4 months (together with this one). I've been on a long trip, and I bought Mavic Air (Fly More Combo version) on it, so the Pro was at home, without anyone to take care of it. When I got back, and was about to charge the batteries, one was charging, and the other one was dead. That was about 5 months ago, and now the other battery (which actually, originally came with the drone) is giving me this treatment...

Well, I had one more but it went to self-discharge because I left it unattended for about 4 months (together with this one). I've been on a long trip, and I bought Mavic Air (Fly More Combo version) on it, so the Pro was at home, without anyone to take care of it. When I got back, and was about to charge the batteries, one was charging, and the other one was dead. That was about 5 months ago, and now the other battery (which actually, originally came with the drone) is giving me this treatment...
you should always fully charge , then after a couple of hours discharge to 50 to 60 percent for storage at least once a month, this keeps the battery cells active if they go to low the cells loose there ability to hold a charge

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+