DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Life and Charger

BRDVPRA

Reactions
Hey All,
I have been flying for 1.5 years with the same 4 batteries that I started with. I have used the PowerExtra multi charger (blue/charges 3 batteries at once) the entire time. I would say there are less than 200 cycles on the batteries, but it could be close. The batteries started to swell a little after flights about a year into the process. Not a lot, but it was noticeable. I'm now starting to see battery failures and they all seem to be going pretty close to the same time. Two of them are failing in the 3rd battery cell listed on the DJI go app. The cell is lower voltage than the other two and it throws a warning. One of the batteries came apart when I took it off the drone. It was no hotter than normal. So here are my questions:
1. Does this time frame/cycles sound reasonable to have to replace the batteries?
2. Has anyone had the same type experience with this charger? Could it be causing the failures?
3. Is the 3rd cell on the app the bottom cell in the battery?
4. Any advice on battery maintenance that I may not be following is appreciated.

Reactions: ven
DJI do quote around 200 cycles, definitely time to drain down and recycle . I would say you have done pretty well to get close to 200 cycles. Drones are not kind and drain the 3 cells in 20 mins(there abouts), so the drain is quite harsh. Not to mention the heat as well. Reg maintenance, with this chemistry not having memory, its not important at what V they are charged from. An important factor is storage V, not to store drained down or at max voltage. I am not too sure on the older batteries,. but for example the air 2 after 4 days starts to drain to around 60%. I am sure the older ones are from 10days. DJI also recommend not to use after 200 cycles. Other than temperatures(after using leave to rest and cool before charging up) and regular storing at full V( over time builds up IR). Ideally every 3 months charge and drain(a cycle) if not being used.

As just mentioned, do NOT charge warm batteries. 200 cycles is a strong finish if that number is per battery.
'You have done well, Master Luke'

Reactions: Wilbur and ven
200 cycles! WOW I think they need to be binned & you certainly need a pat on the shoulder.........lol
I know it's another big investment 4 new batteries but hey just do it.
I switched to PowerExtra batteries along with the PowerExtra multi charger years ago - great combo & great after sales service.
Drone on indeed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S