DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro battery resurrection

Art2vr

Reactions
I just brought my Mavic Pro out of retirement. Opened the case and went to charge test the batteries but both show no signs of life.

Having then become aware that LiPo batteries just die on their own without even being used (🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😡), I did notice when connecting a battery to the charger hub that the single LED light on the hub goes green for a second or two before turning red (to clarify, I don’t mean the LEDs on the battery spine as they don’t respond at all). This prompted the following questions:

1. Does that mean that for just a second a charge is being accepted on to the battery, or not?
2. If so, could I repeatedly connect and disconnect the charger to ‘trickle’ enough power in to bring it back to life? Or is it a real gonner?

no the green light means that it found the battery ,if the battery had been left for a very long time its probably a goner im afraid lipos dont like being completely flat for long periods of time as you have sadly found out
there will be some people who tell you that they can be revived by various methods on the web but please remember these batteries contain volatile chemicals and can be quite dangerous if miss handled you could just leave the battery on the hub for say a half hour or so ,and you might be lucky, and see it start to charge up again ,biggest problem even if they do charge up ,will be the fact that they could not be as reliable ,as a new battery and if they fail in flight thats by by drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929