DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Will Not Charge

sarniac

Reactions
Purchased a Mavic Pro on the Internet from seller that bought it and never used it. Controller, charger, etc., still have protective film on and everything looks brand new. Plugged in the controller and it initially showed 0% charge but charged to 100%. Plugged in the battery and LED #1 flashes (16 times) but will not start to charge. I left it plugged it to the charger for 3+ hours (just in case it was in hibernation mode) but it still appears to be DOA. Tried to start battery by pressing button once and then again for 2 seconds - nothing. I've Googled and checked this Forum for recommendations - it appears this problem is not uncommon. I've owned two P2's and a P4 Pro - one bad battery on a P2 and one bad controller battery on P4. Any suggestions on something I can try would be appreciated. Also, recommendation on where to buy replacement batteries? Thank You.

You can find the solution on youtube;

I watched the video and it appears fix is to unsolder red lead, leave unconnected for 10 seconds and then resolder red lead. Have you or anyone else tried this?

Have not taken a battery apart to date and not real comfortable starting now. Thank you for responding.

Thats only good if the issue is with the soldiering joint. If the battery is swelled this video is irrelevant to most batteries that aged or just had a zillion charges on it. So this video may cause dangerous situation for those whom take them apart for any other reasons instead of a bad soldiering joint.

Thats only good if the issue is with the soldiering joint. If the battery is swelled this video is irrelevant to most batteries that aged or just had a zillion charges on it. So this video may cause dangerous situation for those whom take them apart for any other reasons instead of a bad soldiering joint.
Battery has no swelling/puffiness. Everything appears to be new. Previous owner bought it, flew once or twice and then left everything sit in the closet. I’m guessing the battery charge went to zero over this time.

Battery has no swelling/puffiness. Everything appears to be new. Previous owner bought it, flew once or twice and then left everything sit in the closet. I’m guessing the battery charge went to zero over this time.
Ok, this may be one of the opportunity to take apart the battery and check the inner and see if any soldering joints are bad and take it from there. Becareful I'm sure you know these batteries.

Ok, this may be one of the opportunity to take apart the battery and check the inner and see if any soldering joints are bad and take it from there. Becareful I'm sure you know these batteries.
I agree - at this point I have nothing to lose by taking battery apart and attempting to fix. Worst case, I'll keep the plastic case and recycle battery.

I had an identical experience with a new P4adv. DJI replaced it under warrantee. Before sending it in I tried everything except opening it up and resoldering the connection. In most cases, if the red lead is disconnected, you won’t get any lights, rather than the 16 flashes.

I tried using my Ultimax 4 hub battery charger and it charged 3 of my mavic 2 pro batteries but battery #3 it did not and says “Error 2” anyone know where I can look up what Error 2 means?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sebastianrocha95