DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro black screen, please help

Ferkemup

Reactions
My mavic shows black screen on app, the gimbal works fine but can’t take photos or video. I’ve changed the ptz cable and ribbon cable but still has same issue

Here’s screen shots of what the app shows

Attachments

• 3A420391-08C5-46C6-A796-A1AC55AB36F9.png
    3A420391-08C5-46C6-A796-A1AC55AB36F9.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • 7BBD9366-916F-4723-8B48-A38D4064FD7B.png
    7BBD9366-916F-4723-8B48-A38D4064FD7B.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 51
Did you try to recalibrate using the DJI assistant app for your computer?

That might test/fix OA sensors, but doesn't account for no image shown coming from the gimbal camera.
With all those errors, sounds like a board problem or connections to it.

change the gimbal board
If the telemetry ok and the whole vision system out of order then is´nt only the gimbal at all,then whole cam for record and cams for positioning are not responding. Look at the mesages once more.
It´s a case for diagnose and repair at once.

I an having the same black screen problem, But when i check the gallery images the pics are there. Just no image on screen in the Go4 app.

Ferkemup has the fully telemetry and all error messages on screen,the whole vision system is failing completly.

I’ve replaced the ribbon cable, and I have no images(black screen)or gimble mobility. Possibly change the signal cable?

If the telemetry ok and the whole vision system out of order then is´nt only the gimbal at all,then whole cam for record and cams for positioning are not responding. Look at the mesages once more.
It´s a case for diagnose and repair at once.
its been 2yrs, repairing this mavic pro, i change the gimbal module board and the video feed is alive

Reactions: StaySmooth
There are tiny resistors on the gimbal top board where the video signal cable connects check if any one is missing.
If one is missing just solder the pads together and it will work.

There are tiny resistors on the gimbal top board where the video signal cable connects check if any one is missing.
If one is missing just solder the pads together and it will work.

Hello, can you please mark which resistors you think? My drone after change gimbal arm and cables dont send any image to app... i didnt know if the camera or cables are bad so i ordered new video signal cable but after changing nothing happened and i still get black screen on app (ofcourse i tried more phones, different cables,fw upgs,many apps and so..)
BUT i tried connect that camera to my old dissasembled SPARK bcs they have the same video signal cable connectors (only video,no gimbal) and image was alive, so i can say the camera sensor and cable is good.
My problem is in question if i have broken gimbal camera board or some other module placed behing it ?
Notice : My mavic dont shows any warnings about camera or gimbal and no matter if they are connected or no
When i press recording button or when i try to switch in app from photo to video mode, nothing happen and when i take photo i can hear sound but there are nothing in gallery and nothing on sd card too. When i fly, the telemetry show normal and nothing is showed as N/A .
I spend about 30 hours with it and my hair starts to get silver :-D
I need to know if i should order gimbal board and if it would be resolve of my problem :-/
( posted image of my board if someone can give advice )
THANK

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Hello, can you please mark which resistors you think? My drone after change gimbal arm and cables dont send any image to app... i didnt know if the camera or cables are bad so i ordered new video signal cable but after changing nothing happened and i still get black screen on app (ofcourse i tried more phones, different cables,fw upgs,many apps and so..)
BUT i tried connect that camera to my old dissasembled SPARK bcs they have the same video signal cable connectors (only video,no gimbal) and image was alive, so i can say the camera sensor and cable is good.
My problem is in question if i have broken gimbal camera board or some other module placed behing it ?
Notice : My mavic dont shows any warnings about camera or gimbal and no matter if they are connected or no
When i press recording button or when i try to switch in app from photo to video mode, nothing happen and when i take photo i can hear sound but there are nothing in gallery and nothing on sd card too. When i fly, the telemetry show normal and nothing is showed as N/A .
I spend about 30 hours with it and my hair starts to get silver :-D
I need to know if i should order gimbal board and if it would be resolve of my problem :-/
( posted image of my board if someone can give advice )
THANK
Seems no issues with your board mine had resistor number 1 missing

Try to change the camera sensor
Yea thats the last thing I have left to change. I changed the gimbal board and still no image. I haven’t crashed my mavic so i don’t see why the camera itself would be broken but that’s the only thing I haven’t changed but maybe could explain why if I take a picture it makes the noise but there’s no picture anywhere to be found not even a picture of blackness

Yea thats the last thing I have left to change. I changed the gimbal board and still no image. I haven’t crashed my mavic so i don’t see why the camera itself would be broken but that’s the only thing I haven’t changed but maybe could explain why if I take a picture it makes the noise but there’s no picture anywhere to be found not even a picture of blackness
I have the same problem never crashed, havent flown my mavic pro in 3 months last time I flew it I had video as normal. Changed ptz video cable still no dice Black image. Did you end up resolving your problem? The way I see it all that could be wrong now is either the gimbal board, the gimbal board to main core ribbons, or the core board itself.... Even of thats the case, there's no reason a perfectly good mavic pro just decided to say "no video for you anymore mister" just from sitting in storage for 3 months in a climate and humidity controlled space. All 3 Batteries in storage and even remote's battery in storage(55%)

I have the same problem never crashed, havent flown my mavic pro in 3 months last time I flew it I had video as normal. Changed ptz video cable still no dice Black image. Did you end up resolving your problem? The way I see it all that could be wrong now is either the gimbal board, the gimbal board to main core ribbons, or the core board itself.... Even of thats the case, there's no reason a perfectly good mavic pro just decided to say "no video for you anymore mister" just from sitting in storage for 3 months in a climate and humidity controlled space. All 3 Batteries in storage and even remote's battery in storage(55%)
No I never figured out what was wrong. I still fly with black screen lol. But I did read something, can’t remember where I read it, but it said something about the nand chips? I’m not sure what they are but it said after sitting up for a while they mess up. And mine sat up for like 3-4 months then stopped working so I think maybe figure out what or where these so called nand chips are and replace them. Let me know if you figure it out

No I never figured out what was wrong. I still fly with black screen lol. But I did read something, can’t remember where I read it, but it said something about the nand chips? I’m not sure what they are but it said after sitting up for a while they mess up. And mine sat up for like 3-4 months then stopped working so I think maybe figure out what or where these so called nand chips are and replace them. Let me know if you figure it out
found something. It says for the phantom but I think the same applies for mavic pro.

found something. It says for the phantom but I think the same applies for mavic pro.
i will search online and see if there's a similar procedure that can be done to the mavic pro. I am guessing the nand you mentioned, is placed on the gimbal board of the mavic pro in our case. I will research and keep you updated when i find something worthy of notice. thank you so much

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett