DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro break down while FW update and failure to connect to computer

anonymomo

Reactions
Hello.
My name is ray and i`m new to here to get some advise from you.
I have a mavic pro platinum and have an issue.
I found information about FCC mod here, and modified my mavic via super patcher.
It works very well,
Also, I tested my AC and it does work exactly.

After than, I read other information about parameters.
So I decided to mod it again. watch youtube and try it again.
First of all, I did downgrading my AC to FW 01.03.0700 2times via dumldore.
During the downgrade FW first issue come up. with a battery problem.
After finish downgrade FW and I find issue.
battery lights on the middle of two lights (second and third) are very slowly turning off and on.
(repeating 20sec lights on and off shortly and on again)
Also, that battery is out of working.

Aftet that situation, I changed battery and keep doing this.
Because dumldore said that 100% done and update finished.
so, I move on next step.
Install Dji assistant2 1.1.2 and done parameters job.
After finish changing parameters and second issue is come up.
My AC can`t connect with computer. I tried to other PC and other cable as well.
(window usb connecting sounds are on and off continuously)
RC is not connect to AC. and on the setting information say that AC FW is unknown.
therefore, it can`t go for factory settings via Dji assistant.

@Current conditions.
- One battery`s second, third lights are on. (I googled it. it can be fixed with FW upgrade)
- AC seems like running ok when I turn it on. but NO connection with RC, and PC.
(AC starting sound has been changed a bit. It used to has sound like PPPP~~B~B~. but now p~B~B~ )
(When I turn AC off, only first light is blank and turn off time is longer then before. it takes about more then 5sec. )

What should I do in this situration.
Please save me and my dron. I`ll waiting for your any comments.
Thanks a lot From South korea
(Sorry for my terrible English and I hope you guys understand:)

This would be something @brett8883 may be able to help you with.
Perhaps he may chime in to help you out.

Reactions: anonymomo
You may have downgraded without having an internal memory card installed. You would have had to open up the drone and install a memory card on the motherboard before downgrading to that firmware if you got a later model that didn’t come with one installed.

Can Dumldore connect to the AC? If so flash back to 01.04.0300 twice. How did you change the parameters if the AC won’t connect to the PC?

You didn’t actually need to downgrade to that firmware to change the parameters. Super-Patcher changes any parameters you would have been locked out of but you could still change all the others like speed parameters and such.

If you can’t connect to the PC and can’t connect to the RC you are limited to trying to install that internal memory card and hoping for the best.

After reading again I see you said you had a Mavic Pro Platinum so unless you installed an internal SD card this is certainly the issue. If you open the drone and install the SD card there’s a chance it might be ok but unfortunately I’ve seen people make this mistake and not be able to recover from it.

You may have downgraded without having an internal memory card installed. You would have had to open up the drone and install a memory card on the motherboard before downgrading to that firmware if you got a later model that didn’t come with one installed.

Can Dumldore connect to the AC? If so flash back to 01.04.0300 twice. How did you change the parameters if the AC won’t connect to the PC?

You didn’t actually need to downgrade to that firmware to change the parameters. Super-Patcher changes any parameters you would have been locked out of but you could still change all the others like speed parameters and such.

If you can’t connect to the PC and can’t connect to the RC you are limited to trying to install that internal memory card and hoping for the best.

What a huge support from you.!

- I changed parameter when my AC still able to connect to computer.

- I didn`t realize that I didn`t need to downgrade.
How can I change paremeters In mod with Super-Patcher?

As you said, I have only one option.
I`m going to run to shop for buying sd memory card.
and try rebooting my AC.

I`ll l update you the after install momory card.
Thanks you for great help from you again.
cheers.

Reactions: brett8883
After reading again I see you said you had a Mavic Pro Platinum so unless you installed an internal SD card this is certainly the issue. If you open the drone and install the SD card there’s a chance it might be ok but unfortunately I’ve seen people make this mistake and not be able to recover from it.

I have done that job.
Unfortunately, it wouldn`t work for me. it`s same as before.
After that, I check my internal sd card, and there are 3 files about flight-log on it.

Also, new thing pop into my mind that is..
How about put FW file to internal sd card. what do you thing? it could be fine?
nothing to do next step now.. so..
I put video on youtube and attach my situation here.
Always thank you for your kind respond :)

@Current conditions.
- One battery`s second, third lights are on. (I googled it. it can be fixed with FW upgrade)
- AC seems like running ok when I turn it on. but NO connection with RC, and PC.
(AC starting sound has been changed a bit. It used to has sound like PPPP~~B~B~. but now p..B~B~, Also you can hear sound! window`s connection sound are turning on and turning off. )
(When I turn AC off, only first light is blank and turn off time is longer then before. it takes about more then 5sec. )

I also fly M1P's. It might be worth your while to buy/download the software from No Limit Dronez. I have their software on my two birds and eliminated the NFZ's (still need to fly smart) and it removed all altitude restrictions. You can also customize ascend and descend speeds. Not sure what it costs now but i think i paid about $40 (USD)/license

I also fly M1P's. It might be worth your while to buy/download the software from No Limit Dronez. I have their software on my two birds and eliminated the NFZ's (still need to fly smart) and it removed all altitude restrictions. You can also customize ascend and descend speeds. Not sure what it costs now but i think i paid about $40 (USD)/license
That`s sounds good. but first of all..
I need to fix this out.

I have done that job.
Unfortunately, it wouldn`t work for me. it`s same as before.
After that, I check my internal sd card, and there are 3 files about flight-log on it.

Also, new thing pop into my mind that is..
How about put FW file to internal sd card. what do you thing? it could be fine?
nothing to do next step now.. so..
I put video on youtube and attach my situation here.
Always thank you for your kind respond :)

@Current conditions.
(AC starting sound has been changed a bit. It used to has sound like PPPP~~B~B~. but now p..B~B~, Also you can hear sound! window`s connection sound are turning on and turning off. )

Will the drone connect to Dumldore?

no..
first of all , not able to connect to the computer.
you can hear the window sound on video.
Are you assuming this or have you actually tried it? The drone makes multiple connections to the PC and just because it is making that sound doesn’t mean Dumldore won’t connect to it. Even Assistant 2 may not connect to it but sometimes Dumldore will.

I’m just trying to exhaust all possible options for you.

By the way do not try to put the firmware on that SD card. It will not work and may screw things up further.

If all else fails you will need to replace the “core board A” on the aircraft.

This is a link to a new core board A. You may be able to find a less expensive one that is closer to you but this is the part you will need. Mavic Pro Core Board A

When you replace it make sure to flash the 01.04.0300 firmware twice maybe even three times before doing anything else.

Are you assuming this or have you actually tried it? The drone makes multiple connections to the PC and just because it is making that sound doesn’t mean Dumldore won’t connect to it. Even Assistant 2 may not connect to it but sometimes Dumldore will.

I’m just trying to exhaust all possible options for you.

By the way do not try to put the firmware on that SD card. It will not work and may screw things up further.

If all else fails you will need to replace the “core board A” on the aircraft.

I tried many times. and it didn`t work as pic.
Really thank you for being helping me.
I might contract to Dji support center.
I need to ship it to China to fix it.
There is no Dji service center in my Country.

By the way Thank you so much to help me again!
You are the best man!! :)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 6
I tried many times. and it didn`t work as pic.
Really thank you for being helping me.
I might contract to Dji support center.
I need to ship it to China to fix it.
There is no Dji service center in my Country.

By the way Thank you so much to help me again!
You are the best man!! :)
Well that error you are getting is a problem with Dumldore. I’d try restarting your computer or trying a different machine. I remember getting that message at some point too and I don’t remember what the fix was.

Well that error you are getting is a problem with Dumldore. I’d try restarting your computer or trying a different machine. I remember getting that message at some point too and I don’t remember what the fix was.
I already tried both things and still not working.

You can replace the core board yourself.
I think I better to send it to China . Because I'm not sure the problem is exactly core board or not .
So , I'd better it to send China service center to check it first . This way will charge me around 20 bucks . (including ship fee )
They will check the AC and send me a repair invoice before fix it .
I Could choose Fix it or not . I will see how much is it .
If the repair fee is expensive like 300 bucks . then I would not fix it . I might fix it secondhand like this .

65.0US $ |오리지널 Mavic Pro ESC 보드 IMU 메인 보드 비행 제어 보드, Mavic Pro 수리 부품 교체 액세서리 용 GPS 포함|Drone Accessories Kits| - AliExpress

I think I better to send it to China . Because I'm not sure the problem is exactly core board or not .
So , I'd better it to send China service center to check it first . This way will charge me around 20 bucks . (including ship fee )
They will check the AC and send me a repair invoice before fix it .
I Could choose Fix it or not . I will see how much is it .
If the repair fee is expensive like 300 bucks . then I would not fix it . I might fix it secondhand like this .

65.0US $ |오리지널 Mavic Pro ESC 보드 IMU 메인 보드 비행 제어 보드, Mavic Pro 수리 부품 교체 액세서리 용 GPS 포함|Drone Accessories Kits| - AliExpress

That`s ESC board. i made a mistake.
I mean core board.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin