DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Camera issues

Irely

Reactions
Have flown my MP for about six months now at same location, my rural property. There hasn't been a problem with camera transmission till a couple of days ago when footage became pixelated a lot of the time, transmission lag and sometimes freezing completely for some time. Gimbal also seems to stall when I try to rotate it then suddenly it will come good for a short time. Have turned off drone, RC and restarted the app, changed leads without success. Firmware is up to date and nothing has changed. Flying same location as always with no mag interference. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Only have the one device, Samsung tablet and it has worked perfectly since Ive had the MP. Tried a number of cables without success. We are experiencing a bit of a heatwave here at tge moment (36 celsius) i dont suppose that would aggravate anything

Reactions: Former Member
Guessing..any software updates? How about anything added to front legs..clamps or such? Always have the drop outs on same flight path or anywhere? Controller ever dropped?

Thanks for your reply.No. Nothing changed. Put extender legs on the drone a month back but have flown it daily since without an issue. No software upgrades and never dropped! No set path it occurs on. Previously could send it out 3 -4 k's with perfect footage.

Only have the one device, Samsung tablet and it has worked perfectly since Ive had the MP. Tried a number of cables without success. We are experiencing a bit of a heatwave here at tge moment (36 celsius) i dont suppose that would aggravate anything

That would surely have an effect. Devices will overheat and cause lag and pixellation not to mention sometimes shut down in extreme heat. Best to stand under an umbrella or shaded area.

Last edited:
Reactions: charliesRig
That would surely have an effect. Devices will overheat and cause lag and pixellation not to mention sometimes shut down in extreme heat. Best to stand under an umbrella or shaded area.
I think the problem is solved. Took it for a short flight this morning and still the issue existed. Then I remembered that I replaced the SD card the other day from a 2g to a 32 but didnt format it. Thought this would only present an issue if I was recording. While the drone was airborne I formatted the SD card and it seems to have fixed the issue. We will see!. Thanks to all for their assistance. Much appreciated. Will seek further advice if the problem re-surfaces

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Focusing on pixelated video, was it also pixelated on the SD card? If not, that rules out AC issues.
I actually didnt take a video, just a still shot which came out fine, no interference thru it. Matter now seems resolved by formatting the SD card. Again thanks for everyones input!

Reactions: HeliDog
I actually didnt take a video, just a still shot which came out fine, no interference thru it. Matter now seems resolved by formatting the SD card. Again thanks for everyones input!
Second time I read about SD card causing problems..Thx for feedback!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929