DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Camera not working

Flymorewithme

Reactions
I've had my Mavic pro for about two years and one day when I tried to start the Mavic pro, everything worked fine but I wasn't getting any of the camera info(it just says N/A on all : ISO, Shutter, EV, WB and on my main controller screen on my iPhone (Dji4 app) Tough, I do get the camera image on my screen but it's unfocused and blurry. I have tried to factory reset using the assistant software but still, I'm not getting my camera information. if it's a software thing, how do you fix this?

Joon

If you are new to cameras, the Mavic camera comes in auto mode, so all you will need to learn is how to press the record button and switch from photo mode to video mode.
If you’re a little more advanced, you can do things like adjust the white balance, or maybe make the picture sharper. You can even make the exposure a little brighter or darker without messing with the more advanced controls.

If you really want to have full control, you can do that too. You have full access to advanced features like shutter speed, ISO, white balance, sharpness, color profile, frame rate, and more.
If you want framing guides for lining up shots, you can do it. If you want to change how fast the camera moves up and down, you can do that too.

Travisdavid

Can you give me some guide lines on the camera settings. I only know how to press the photo and video buttons.

If you are new to cameras, the Mavic camera comes in auto mode, so all you will need to learn is how to press the record button and switch from photo mode to video mode.
If you’re a little more advanced, you can do things like adjust the white balance, or maybe make the picture sharper. You can even make the exposure a little brighter or darker without messing with the more advanced controls.

If you really want to have full control, you can do that too. You have full access to advanced features like shutter speed, ISO, white balance, sharpness, color profile, frame rate, and more.
If you want framing guides for lining up shots, you can do it. If you want to change how fast the camera moves up and down, you can do that too.

@Travisdavid
Thank for the reply. but....
Did you read my post? I'm not asking about the camera modes. My drone is not functioning properly to even get to the mode.

I had, and stil have again this problem.
The first thing I did to solve the problem of N/A of all camera issues was downgrade the software of the drone one step and then upgrade it again. It was working after that.
But now I'm on holiday and I have the problem again. With no wifi here I can't try it again, but perhaps it will work for you

I had, and stil have again this problem.
The first thing I did to solve the problem of N/A of all camera issues was downgrade the software of the drone one step and then upgrade it again. It was working after that.
But now I'm on holiday and I have the problem again. With no wifi here I can't try it again, but perhaps it will work for you

Peter, Thanks for the tip. I'm not able to downgrade for some reason. it goes all the way up to 99% then it says.. update failed?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 12.04.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 12.04.45 PM.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 15
I've had my Mavic pro for about two years and one day when I tried to start the Mavic pro, everything worked fine but I wasn't getting any of the camera info(it just says N/A on all : ISO, Shutter, EV, WB and on my main controller screen on my iPhone (Dji4 app) Tough, I do get the camera image on my screen but it's unfocused and blurry. I have tried to factory reset using the assistant software but still, I'm not getting my camera information. if it's a software thing, how do you fix this?

Joon
View attachment 78562
Try an other memorycard. I had the same problem and it worked. I can not explane why.

I have replaced my Mavic Pro’s gimbal ribbon cable and the camera signal camera with success. However I am having a camera boot up problem, at first the camera comes on but there is no control. Also shows “gimbal disconnect” message, every 30 seconds the camera acts like it is re-booting and after 2 to 3 attempts it’s comes on and I have full control. I bought the MP used and have had this issue for about a year now?‍♂️

I had the exact issue. my image looked just like the picture in post#1, out of focus and no camera functions, and the message of "gimbal disconnected".
i put in another sd card and it works. i can video and take pictures again.

Reviving this old thread because I have the exact same problem but formatting the card on the drone and using a different SD card doesn't work.

When I first turn the Mavic on, I get the image shown in the original post. I go to settings to try and format the card and it tells me there is no card installed. So I take the card out and put it back in to no avail. I try a different card, nothing. I try wiggling the card a little as I put insert it in case it isn't seating properly. Nothing. Camera won't respond to controls, just points straight ahead. I don't get any error messages about the gimbal that I can remember.

However, if I just wait for about 3-5 minutes, it seems to just recognize the card auto-magically and pop up the settings (all the "N/A" have values) and the camera controls work. It doesn't remember my last settings though so I have to set them (at least image format). This happens both outside in various temperatures and indoors with normal +/- 70F.

No crashes, but a few tree branches "trimmed". Never flown in the rain. Flap over card slot is always closed.

I'm using SanDisk Extreme microXC V30 U3 A2 that is 128GB (both cards are the same).

Any ideas?

I've had a Mavic Pro now for a few years, I haven't used it in 2 years. In using it my camera keeps moving on it's own all around, there is no controlling it. It never did this before. Any ideas on how to fix it?

I've had a Mavic Pro now for a few years, I haven't used it in 2 years. In using it my camera keeps moving on it's own all around, there is no controlling it. It never did this before. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Probably the gimbal ribbon cable.
They wear through movement, and having sat for a couple of years possibly just deteriorated further.

Search the forum for > Mavic pro ribbon cable < should get threads for diy fix.
Search YouTube for video tutorials, and Google for the part.

You can just send for repair if that’s too much hassle or you don’t feel confident doing it.

Best if luck with the fix.

I've not used my mavic pro in over ywo years. Wanted to fly it to check out roof damage to my house. I need to update firmware on both the aircraft and RC but I get no camera image on any of my apple devices. iphone or ipad. the gimbal moves and the drone flys, although I feel like it sways more than it used to when it hovers. Almost like it's drunk. Any tips?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada