DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro camera pixelating

Bmcj1

Reactions
Hi have a look at this clip please .any comments would be appreciated.I have no idea what is causing the problem.

Hi have a look at this clip please .any comments would be appreciated.I have no idea what is causing the problem.

What are your camera settings and what SD card are you using?

Hi SanDisk extreme plus 64gb

Only seems to happen in quickshot modes

Thanks for responding

In normal mode there is no issues . Tried creating the same type of maneuvers with no issues.

Last edited:
Is this from the mc or is it from your phone/tablet? I had the same problem but when looking at the mc it was ok.

It's only 720p so guessing it's the phone cache.
You still shouldn't get that unless it looked the same on screen at the time, in which case device is barely coping or possibly poor USB connection.

Hi thanx for your responses. Just trying to analyse methodically
I will try all your suggestions.. I am using ASUS ZenPad 8s as dedicated controller. It is on the list of dji tablets compatible tablets. Could it be poor GPS signal??

Hi in answer to question could you please elaborate .excuse my ignorance what is mc?. Is this abbreviated for mavic.

Is this video off the SD card in the drone or is it the cached video off the tablet downlinked at the time?

the tablet video id expect some pixellation as its downlinked. If its the video, saved on the drone SD card and viewed on a proper computer it shouldn't. If its 4k can the computer you're using play 4k without being choppy?

Hi I am going to test this on my laptop today as it has Intel i5 processor. Will post results later. Thanks for your input

Hi to all

Went out today after resetting mavic pro .Tried repeating all 3 modes in quickshots. The problem is resolved I think. It is pixelating on my tablet. Took the sd card inserted into my laptop all is fine. I would think its the processor in the tablet cannot handle quickshots. So it means buying another tablet to dedicate my mavic. Looks as if it's gonna cost me 600 for an iPad pro grrr. Hey no that's life. Suggestions would be appreciated . Thanks for all your help.

Why pay $600 for an ipad when you can get a second hand android device for $100 or a brand new top end one for $300 that'll do the same job?

4K requires a fairly hefty processor and video to display properly, thats why its best on a computer.

Hi
Yes you are probably right. I did purchase this tablet ASUS ZenPad 8s listed on dji compatible tablet list. But due to the added updates does not seem to be capable for this. I did pay one month ago 160 I'm pounds lol.I see your reasoning any suggestions on which android tablets would be appreciated thnx

Hi just out of curiosity when I am in normal mode the playback is fine. I do the same manoeuvres and the tablet playback is fine. It's only when I use quickshots mode. Which I still find strange. If it's playing the same video in normal mode why does it not play in quickshots mode ??
Just a thought

Id guess quickshot mode taxes CPU a lot on the drone which might affect the telemetry and maybe even SD card writing.
Never used quickshot so cant really guess any more.

Hi in answer to question could you please elaborate .excuse my ignorance what is mc?. Is this abbreviated for mavic.
MC = the aircraft. I haven't heard that term MC in a while. First time i saw it was in the Phantom 2 series and till this day i think it means Main Craft (could be a direct chinese interpretation).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair