DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro controller issues

djifish

Reactions
Hi guys I've been using my brother's mavic pro with the go fly app using my old Samsung S8 and on the app there's no button to change flight modes and when I press the button on the controller it just beeps and doesn't do anything so we'll try a different app and it cooked my phone The screen went all fuzzy it's literally dead and I'm worried about using my new Samsung phone now in case it does the same. But the mine issue off topic is why I can't access flight modes on the controller it just beeps and why it wasn't on the go fly app

You say you use Go Fly app. That is not a DJI app. It is a third-party app you can get on Playstore.

You should download the Go4 app from the DJI website, it is not avalable on Google Play. Get it here:
DJI GO 4 - Download Center - DJI
It is listed as compatible with the Samsung S8 (I use it myself on an S7).

Yep, as per post #2 get Go4 directly from the DJI site.
The S8 dying is probably unrelated.
You should have no issues using your newer Samsung phone, hundreds if not thousands would fly with their Samsung phones or tablets daily.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
djifish hey ?
So are you using a Gannett drop system or something else ?

Hi guys I've been using my brother's mavic pro with the go fly app using my old Samsung S8 and on the app there's no button to change flight modes and when I press the button on the controller it just beeps and doesn't do anything so we'll try a different app and it cooked my phone The screen went all fuzzy it's literally dead and I'm worried about using my new Samsung phone now in case it does the same. But the mine issue off topic is why I can't access flight modes on the controller it just beeps and why it wasn't on the go fly app
The older s8 isn't your issue even though its ancient. You wont have any issues using the fly app on your current phone.

Oh, and WELCOME to the forum!

Last edited:
The older s8 isn't your issue even though its ancient. You wont have any issues using the fly app on your current phone.
He doesn't want or need to use the Fly app for a Mavic Pro. The Mavic Pro uses the Go 4 app.

He doesn't want or need to use the Fly app for a Mavic Pro. The Mavic Pro uses the Go 4 app.
ugh. You're right.
Its a moot point, however, considering the problem he's having has nothing to do with the phone or whichever app hes using. Im sure we both agree that this problem is not reproduced anywhere at any time with any consistency on this forum.
He won't have the problem again on his different phone.

ugh. You're right.
Its a moot point, however, considering the problem he's having has nothing to do with the phone or whichever app hes using. Im sure we both agree that this problem is not reproduced anywhere at any time with any consistency on this forum.
He won't have the problem again on his different phone.
Somewhat agree. I believe the problem is trying to use the wrong app. There was a thread not long ago of another person trying to use the Go fly app and it all ended up that that app was not created by DJI and it wasn't the proper app to use for the specific drone. I also believe that the app is not the reason the phone may have died. It could possibly be a short in the connection from the controller to the phone though.
I think using the correct app will probably solve all the OP's problems.

Somewhat agree. I believe the problem is trying to use the wrong app. There was a thread not long ago of another person trying to use the Go fly app and it all ended up that that app was not created by DJI and it wasn't the proper app to use for the specific drone. I also believe that the app is not the reason the phone may have died. It could possibly be a short in the connection from the controller to the phone though.
I think using the correct app will probably solve all the OP's problems.
I agree.

Always using the correct app helps. ;)

the trouble is that while us old hands know that the play store no longer lists the FLY APP ,but does do one with a similar name GO FLY ,that they believe that is the correct App to fly there new ,and older DJI drones ,and it is confusing ,i suppose there will come a day when the old GO 4 App ceases to exist ,apart from maybe direct from DJI ,across all devices who knows

I've been using my brother's mavic pro
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Pro, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Hard to believe an app destroyed your phone.

Apps usually cannot damage a device, but it is not impossible. Usually, the device just crashes (locks up…) but it can cause the device to do something over, and over, and over again, and again, and over again, and again, until the device overheats… ( Get my point…). You would not think that someone could hack your phone, computer, etc and to deny you access, but it happens… I am not saying you were hacked, I just wanted to make a point… that Apps can do almost everything to the hardware and maybe your phone and the App you were using just were not simpatico…

Remember when the Iranian nuclear plants were hit by AC/DC virus? The virus (the App…) caused the computer to shut down and blare AC/DC songs… And another attack that caused the Yellow Cake Centrifuges to spin uncontrollably?

Have you tried rebooting your phone without the App running and the drone controller attached. Perhaps you need to perfrom a computer and total RESET of the phone and boot it with the original settings… That does mean you will lose all the stuff you have saved on your phone (photos, songs, files, apps, etc…)…

Good Luck!

Reactions: wjkrysak
Somewhat agree. I believe the problem is trying to use the wrong app. There was a thread not long ago of another person trying to use the Go fly app and it all ended up that that app was not created by DJI and it wasn't the proper app to use for the specific drone.
the trouble is that while us old hands know that the play store no longer lists the FLY APP ,but does do one with a similar name GO FLY ,

It's very unfortunate that DJI apps are labelled Go, Go4, and Fly, then along comes an outside developer naming their app 'Go Fly For DJI Drones'.
Or, it's a very clever ploy by that app developer, knowingly taking advantage of the official apps names, and being withdrawn from Google Play in particular.

I just took a look at the app info via a google search on my desktop, to see what it's supposed to be for, and what sort of cost might be involved.
Looks like there are ads, and / or you sign up and pay a subscription, see below, but the reviews in the Google Play store and the Apple app store are less than glowing.

These subs are likely in AU$ from the app store . . . (very confusing with multiple types of offers).

In-App Purchases
  • Yearly Subscription$69.99
  • Weekly Subscription$6.99
  • Monthly Subscription$14.99
  • One Time Payment$79.99
  • Yearly Subscription$69.99
  • Weekly Subscription$6.99
  • Weekly Subscription$14.99
  • One Time Payment$89.99
  • Yearly Premium$69.99

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242