Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Mavic Pro Crash/Stuff for sale

WoodstockNick

Reaction score
It is with great sadness that I must announce the untimely demise of my trusty Mavic Pro.
No need for in-depth analysis as this was 100% attributable to pilot error. I was flying over the Hudson River and under the Walkway over the Hudson pedestrian bridge today as I have done before.
I thought I was clear of the bridge and decided to increase altitude. That’s when I saw it happen...
The diagonal trusswork under the bridge triggered the forward sensors for a quick moment and I let go of the sticks.
As there is no upward sensor and it will continue to climb for several split seconds anyway, it hit the bridge and the signal cut.
My iPad cache had filled right before this fateful flight so I don’t even have a video to go along with the story.
I went out with a boater thinking maybe I got lucky and it‘s on the base of the bridge pier. No such luck. It is now in its eternal resting place on the bottom of the Hudson.
Perhaps I’ll upload the telemetry as a cautionary tale.
Maybe DJI will be nice to me and sell me a refurb Mavic cheap.
Otherwise if you’re interested in a Mavic 1 controller, battery and charger please contact me.

• Sad
Reactions: ErnieLD

Moose1967

Reaction score
They might if they analyze the data properly and see that it went swimming.

ZBuster

Reaction score
It is with great sadness that I must announce the untimely demise of my trusty Mavic Pro.
No need for in-depth analysis as this was 100% attributable to pilot error. I was flying over the Hudson River and under the Walkway over the Hudson pedestrian bridge today as I have done before.
I thought I was clear of the bridge and decided to increase altitude. That’s when I saw it happen...
The diagonal trusswork under the bridge triggered the forward sensors for a quick moment and I let go of the sticks.
As there is no upward sensor and it will continue to climb for several split seconds anyway, it hit the bridge and the signal cut.
My iPad cache had filled right before this fateful flight so I don’t even have a video to go along with the story.
I went out with a boater thinking maybe I got lucky and it‘s on the base of the bridge pier. No such luck. It is now in its eternal resting place on the bottom of the Hudson.
Otherwise if you’re interested in a Mavic 1 controller, battery and charger please contact me.
What are you asking for them?

Reactions: ClaudioSr

Drone on

Reaction score
Maybe it's time for an upgrade such as an M2P, or zoom

Or, if you are interested, I am preparing to sell my MP Alpine White. PM me if you are interested.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sai399