DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro crashed after hitting trees near Seattle

malume

Reactions
I was flying MP using Litchi waypoint function and underestimate the tree heights which are over 50 m !
The MP seemed to detect the tree but failed to return back home which is only 250 m away. It fell off in a neighbor's backyard and luckily I finally tracked and found it with the help of the neighbor's permission to search in his land.
What seems unfortunately, the gimbal did not work at all. The camera works fine and the drone can still take off with camera facing a fixed direction.
Is there anyone had same or similar experience or the repair tips ?
any comments and suggestions are appreciate.

Hey man, sorry to hear on your crash.. Luckily able to retrieve it.

Question on Litchi Waypoint, during the flight, it's not possible to take over and do manual flight?

Hey man, sorry to hear on your crash.. Luckily able to retrieve it.

Question on Litchi Waypoint, during the flight, it's not possible to take over and do manual flight?
it is possible. but my MP didn't stop after I tried to suspend the mission. The propellers hurts, causing the crash I guess. When I found it, I found three propellers were broken.

:) Wow, that was pretty cool :) You chopped on that tree forever... and that was like 50' down from the top. It couldn't return home because the tree was above it also, in other words it was lost and surrounded leaving the only way to go as backwards or down. I would tell you to go to uavrepairshop.com but it's giving me an unsecured web site warning. A first for Hani's site, been there many times.

Reactions: Jase1125
I had a similar issue with the gimbal, it looked like a small black ribbon cable which connects the gimbal to the drone body was broken. The camera still worked and the App complained that the gimbal guard was on , but there was no guard on

Reactions: bradsandry
I had a similar issue with the gimbal, it looked like a small black ribbon cable which connects the gimbal to the drone body was broken. The camera still worked and the App complained that the gimbal guard was on , but there was no guard on

how did you fix it and how much it ? thanks

it is possible. but my MP didn't stop after I tried to suspend the mission. The propellers hurts, causing the crash I guess. When I found it, I found three propellers were broken.
So you have just pressed the "Pause" button but did not switch to Sports mode for aborting the mission and taking over manual control?

wow, its amazing it managed to survive so long pushing against the tree. if i was programming the software, id have it so if it was doing RTH and obstacle avoidance kicked in then it would back up a few metres on the path it had already come from before going up. what happened was a logical tree trap

i got a estimate repair cost $350 from DJI US.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Wtf wow !! I just received my mavic an I put mine in a tree branch an it fell 10ft my gimbal guard was on that plastic bubble but it landed just so lol An bumped off the bubble An bumped the camera now it doesn't work properly won't rotate in any direction. It moves freely by hand but not when I try the controls upon inspection there seems to be this micro thin piece of plastic from the control arm side coming out of the mavic to the gimbal an it appears to be broken or outta place. Hope it doesn't cost that much :(

Wtf wow !! I just received my mavic an I put mine in a tree branch an it fell 10ft my gimbal guard was on that plastic bubble but it landed just so lol An bumped off the bubble An bumped the camera now it doesn't work properly won't rotate in any direction. It moves freely by hand but not when I try the controls upon inspection there seems to be this micro thin piece of plastic from the control arm side coming out of the mavic to the gimbal an it appears to be broken or outta place. Hope it doesn't cost that much :(

let me know your estimate cost. I was told from the authorized DJI store they have to replace the whole gimbal and camera. Mine has the same issue with yours.

[emoji15] wow, that was like a horror film! My Mavic crashed at about 30-40 mph into some spidery trees on xmas. Just got back. Repair was $650 estimated, cam eyeball popped out smh, and leg broke off. I was in sports mode not paying attention. Dji refreshed[emoji57]

Sent from [emoji211]

[emoji15] wow, that was like a horror film! My Mavic crashed at about 30-40 mph into some spidery trees on xmas. Just got back. Repair was $650 estimated, cam eyeball popped out smh, and leg broke off. I was in sports mode not paying attention. Dji refreshed[emoji57]

Sent from [emoji211]
good to know you have DJI refresh. I wish I had it.:(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929