DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro DISTANCE Run Stock in CE Mode

Jordan

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

Just got back from a long distance test of my Mavic. I am extremely impressed. In CE Mode (limited power to controller) I managed 6km out (6000m or 3.7 miles) and everything is stock. She returned home with 10% battery before starting to AutoLand making the total trip 12km!. As the claimed limit of CE mode is 4km this was extremely impressive, considering I still had 3 bars of video and RC signal!!!! YouTube video below, please subscribe as I will be posting many Mavic videos in the future.

Enjoy,
Jordan

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from a long distance test of my Mavic. I am extremely impressed. In CE Mode (limited power to controller) I managed 6km out (6000m or 3.7 miles) and everything is stock. She returned home with 10% battery before starting to AutoLand making the total trip 12km!. As the claimed limit of CE mode is 4km this was extremely impressive, considering I still had 3 bars of video and RC signal!!!! YouTube video below, please subscribe as I will be posting many Mavic videos in the future.

Enjoy,
Jordan
Nail biting flight. I always return the craft when I see there is some interference or my controller bars drop to 3 !!!

Curious, why did you prefer to fly in P-mode over sports mode for a distance test?
You can full throttle in standard mode and get a consistent speed (without actually full throttling the motors) in sport mode you don't want to give full throttle because you'll drain the battery to fast. I think the Mavic gets it best distance vs battery usage at about 40kmph.

Hi Everyone,

Enjoy,
Jordan

Very nice. I am waiting for a bit warmer weather (-11C) here in Finland I know that will mean a massive hit on the battery and flight time. Spring should be good to get out over the sea and let it fly.

Nail biting flight. I always return the craft when I see there is some interference or my controller bars drop to 3 !!!

Insurance takes the nail biting out of flying for me. My insurance will cover whatever happens to the drone. I spend more time trying to enjoy the flying than worrying about what will happen to the drone.

Insurance takes the nail biting out of flying for me. My insurance will cover whatever happens to the drone. I spend more time trying to enjoy the flying than worrying about what will happen to the drone.

Hello, wondering what insurance company you use?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from a long distance test of my Mavic. I am extremely impressed. In CE Mode (limited power to controller) I managed 6km out (6000m or 3.7 miles) and everything is stock. She returned home with 10% battery before starting to AutoLand making the total trip 12km!. As the claimed limit of CE mode is 4km this was extremely

Enjoy,
Jordan

Well done! The CE limit is of course power output limits which doesn't matter if the drone hears the call and the controller hears the drone.

Can't wait to try this. Apparently my MP will arrive tomorrow if Canada Post can be believed.

WOW...fantastic range.
I should be getting my Mavic in the next day or two so I have been reading a LOT of posts here to try to prepare.
Since there doesn't appear to be any online instructions for the DJI GO 4 app, I have some questions regarding the screen I saw on your 6KM flight.
1) What is CE mode? I'm only aware of P or Sport.
2) What is the RED "R" signal symbol on the top status bar?
3) What was the windspeed and direction? Were you flying into the wind on either leg?
The reason for the last question is the strange (to me) fact that you reached the 6KM turnaround point after using only 31% of your battery, but it required 60% to return home. Based on that I assume that you were flying into the wind on the way back.
Sorry for all the questions but as a total newbie, I had to ask.
Bernd

WOW...fantastic range.
I should be getting my Mavic in the next day or two so I have been reading a LOT of posts here to try to prepare.
Since there doesn't appear to be any online instructions for the DJI GO 4 app, I have some questions regarding the screen I saw on your 6KM flight.
1) What is CE mode? I'm only aware of P or Sport.
2) What is the RED "R" signal symbol on the top status bar?
3) What was the windspeed and direction? Were you flying into the wind on either leg?
The reason for the last question is the strange (to me) fact that you reached the 6KM turnaround point after using only 31% of your battery, but it required 60% to return home. Based on that I assume that you were flying into the wind on the way back.
Sorry for all the questions but as a total newbie, I had to ask.
Bernd

1. CE MODE means less transmit distance on the remote which you cannot change its set via GPS location (Europe 20dbi power to remote - FCC Mode USA 24dbi power to remote)
2. Thats the forward collision sensors being turned off
3. Your right! about 6-8mph tailwind on this one. That's why I got 6km using only 30% battery but used 60% coming back.

Reactions: Jblmd2004
Thanks for that information Jordan.
May I ask why the forward collision sensors were of?
Is that because of the mode you were flying?
Bernd

Thanks for that information Jordan.
May I ask why the forward collision sensors were of?
Is that because of the mode you were flying?
Bernd
It slows the craft down and uses battery. I attempted another distance test with them on and only got 33kmph and a few random stops mid flight because an invisible obstacle lol

Dang it I can't even get mine to best my p3p, literally lose signal about the same distance.. what firmware are you running and are you on auto mode channel?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi Everyone,

Enjoy,
Jordan
Great job Jordon
I took my Mavic out today to see what it could do. I've done this say run with my Phantom 3 adv. was not able to get the distance I was with the Mavic
Here is a video of the flight. No or very little wind today temp. was mid 70's at the time. Enjoy. oh I left the dome on the camera on the way back I was getting some glare.

Cut it close there with that wind (breeze) on the way home. Nice job!

What the heck is 'CE' mode? And what app did you use to record your on screen view?

Reactions: ikasper
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll