Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Mavic Pro easy CE to FCC switch and boost 1.5w

webvan

Reaction score
That choice does NOT exist in the MOD we've been discussing here, as written on the link the choices are : "The sequence is Default>FCC>Boost>SDR reset. " and ar self-explanatory.

Steady Eddie

Reaction score
Loc
Cape Town, South Africa
I couldn't get forceboost to work properly with the latest version of DJI GO, it just resets to CE once you exit the old 4.1.10. So I used this patch with the "Loop Selector" : jkson5/jkson_fcc_mod
The jkson5 mod worked great for me, but you need to be on AC firmware 01.04.0300 or lower to start with, which I was. I'm talking specifically Mavic Pro here. If you have updated you MP AC firmware to a newer version, I'm not sure if the mod will work. According to the release note in DJI Assistant 2 for 01.04.0500, if you update to this version you cannot downgrade. As I see it, this would preclude you from installing the mod because you will not be able to downgrade to 01.04.0300. Can anyone confirm this?

webvan

Reaction score
You can downgrade with the assistant. With the Force Boost app MOD as soon as I exited 4.1.10 to use the new app and get Panos for instance FCC went away. So I just patched the MP directly with the loop selector mod. Frankly there's no reason I can see to use another MOD these days.

Marshall1981

Reaction score
Loc
Germany
But my question is: does the force boost is forcing fcc AND 1,5W, both together? Sorry for the noobish question. And if i choose Force boost why there is no difference at transmitter window in the app?! The line are still the same with force boost and without

Steady Eddie

Reaction score
Loc
Cape Town, South Africa
But my question is: does the force boost is forcing fcc AND 1,5W, both together? Sorry for the noobish question. And if i choose Force boost why there is no difference at transmitter window in the app?! The line are still the same with force boost and without
If you are referring to the jkson5 mod, the answer to your first question is no. FCC increases RC signal power and AC video downlink signal power from CE 0.1 Watt to FCC 0.4 Watt. Force boost increases power to 1.5 Watt. You obviously can't have both at the same time. Depending on your choice at installation, you can choose "fix FCC" or a "loop selector mode" which enables you to select default SDR (which is CE I assume) or FCC or Boost "on the fly" so to speak. I just went for the "Fix FCC" installation, so I cant speak for the other installation options. There is also a "force 23" or "force 25" installation option to change the RF frequency band I think, but I did not try that either. You need to read the developers installation instructions from the GITHUB website where you download the mod. If you read the developers instructions it should make it all clearer than what I've said. Hope I have not confused anyone. My experience has been with Mavic Pro only.

Reactions: Marshall1981

Marshall1981

Reaction score
Loc
Germany
No.. i mean deejayeye mod its a patcher.
..but ok, i add the adb mod now and im happy! ;)

But there is one problem, if i use official dji go4 app with it, how can i solve the Nfz mesages? Or the firmware popups at starting?

Last edited:

brett8883

Reaction score
Loc
Salt Lake City, Utah
No.. i mean deejayeye mod its a patcher.
..but ok, i add the adb mod now and im happy! ;)

But there is one problem, if i use official dji go4 app with it, how can i solve the Nfz mesages? Or the firmware popups at starting?
Force FCC is just the .4watts. Force Boost is 1.5w. Use Jkson_fcc_mod (which also includes the option for force boost aka Force FCC+Boost which is the same thing) to handle your radio power full stop.

If additionally you want to do a DJI Go 4 mod for firmware pop ups and NFZ notices then by all means but what people have been trying to say is that the JKSON mod is an aircraft modification not an app modification it will work no matter what app you use because it is independent of the app making the force FCC or force boost options FOR THE APP obsolete and unnecessary.

Reactions: Steady Eddie

webvan

Reaction score
Yep it's an easy and flexible MOD, it would just be nice to be able to verify you are in FCC Boost without hitting "pause+c1" and seeing the disconnect ;-)

I reinstalled it on an MPP yesterday and flew it "through" a forest and got about these ranges :
- CE : 650 meters
- FCC : 850 meters
- FCC Boost : 1050 meters

Reactions: bernek

bernek

Reaction score
Yep it's an easy and flexible MOD, it would just be nice to be able to verify you are in FCC Boost without hitting "pause+c1" and seeing the disconnect ;-)

I reinstalled it on an MPP yesterday and flew it "through" a forest and got about these ranges :
- CE : 650 meters
- FCC : 850 meters
- FCC Boost : 1050 meters
I installed jkson_mod on firmware 1.04.300 (with some patches) and got a nice distance also:

Flying from behind my house no LOS and maybe 20-30 WiFi routers around or more ...

- CE: 500-550 meters
- FCC: 750-800 meters
- FCC + boost: 1100-1200 meters

In all these modes I had 3/5 bars for signal !!! I don't like flying in low signal and maybe it was able to go 2x or 3x the distance that I've tested. So this little marvelous drone is a lot more capable than it looks like.

The performance was quite spectacular in all 3 modes since I was sitting maybe 5-10 meters behind the house on a bench and the drone was far away and most of the time was only 30-40 meters height. FCC Boost is crazy and it offers maybe 1.8x - 1.9x the distance of FCC ... The remote controller is getting a little hotter with FCC+Boost but battery is holding well maybe 4-5 flights (and I only have 3 batteries).

I'm honestly thinking testing FCC (without boost) but when I see the signal maxed out on boost I'm too excited to quit it...

I'm flying as of today FCC+Boost / firmware 1.04.300 modded / NLD GO App and Litchi.

NLD GO app with these mods is so relaxing no more warning this and that all the time and update and so on ... I just open up the app flick the display up to get rid of the OSD (what RC shows me in the small screen is perfect for me) and actually have fun flying ! All these OSD information and clutter on the 6 inch screen is disturbing. I see the video options first then fly and actually film and enjoy what I see.

webvan

Reaction score
Nice to see we're getting similar range results !
I'm still not too happy with the tilted horizon of the Mavis Pro compared to the Air (and possibly the M2, haven't tried it ) but it's really hard to give up on Occusync, especially "boosted" !
Oh and with Litchi you can get great FPV VR with a cheap headset like the Homido, no need for the DJI Goggles. With the Spark the feed is just too low-res and choppy (even with an OTG connection). Might be good with the Air too, haven't tried.

Reactions: bernek