DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CORMACASEY

Reactions
Hey everyone,

I'm a Leaving Cert(IRISH A levels) student in Galway and one of the subjects I do is called Design and Communication Graphics. Each year there is a project worth 40% of the overall final mark. This year the project is to design a quad-copter drone. Most of the project is done using the CAD program 'Solidworks'. A section of this involves creating a pre-existing drone on the program. I have chosen the Mavic Pro and I'm finding it very challenging as I have to reconstruct the entire Drone including the folding arms and the propellers as well as the drone body as identical to the Mavic Pro as possible.

What I am pretty much looking for is extensive information about the physical drone itself. Whether that being measurements of parts of the drone or close up photos of specific details or at certain angles of the drone or anything that will give me a closer look at the Mavic Pro because it is very nearly impossible to do without the physical drone in hand. This is proving to be a very difficult and extremely stressful project so any information AT ALL that you could share and that you may think would be useful to me would be eternally appreciated and I would be extremely grateful because consumer information and photos aren't proving to be very helpful enough because of the lack of detail essentially.

Thank you so much to anyone in advance that can help me,
Cormac : )

I don't think there are any blueprints of DJI craft available. But people have already built that in 3D, so you might find it helpful looking at pics of their models. Here's one with a lot of different views and excellent polyflow.

Thanks a million @AeroJ thats hugely appreciated. I literally need to copy the exact replica shown in those photos on a program similar/identical to whatever they used!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu