DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Enterprise Dual vs Inspire 2

Calhoun Ranger

Reactions
I am needing a second drone, to make my current Mavic Pro my backup. I really like the thermal capability of the Enterprise Dual, but also like the speed and versatility of the Inspire 2. If I get the I2, I could only afford the X4S camera. Please compare and contrast these two, if you have experience with them. I read through a lot of postings on the X4S and it seems there are a lot of problems.
Q1: Enterprise Dual - is there any quality loss vis-a-vis the Mavic Pro?
Q2: what about ND filters to fit the dual camera?
Any other features comparisons you can provide would be very useful.
Thanks!
Calhoun Ranger
d/b/a NW GA Drone Guy

I'm selling my Inspire 1.v.2 and one of my old Mavic Pros and going with the new Evo2. Don't pay all the money and then get on a job sited to have DJI shut you down. Don't get me wrong I love their birds I own 7 of them but I am tired of how they want you to jump through there hoops after getting approval from the FAA. Not sure what you are going to use the thermal for but the Enterprise is good for hobbits that's just my 2 cents. Yuneec H520 has 3 payloads and I'm not sure but I think the Evo2 will have the same. Anyways good luck on finding what's works for you.

I am needing a second drone, to make my current Mavic Pro my backup. I really like the thermal capability of the Enterprise Dual, but also like the speed and versatility of the Inspire 2. If I get the I2, I could only afford the X4S camera. Please compare and contrast these two, if you have experience with them. I read through a lot of postings on the X4S and it seems there are a lot of problems.
Q1: Enterprise Dual - is there any quality loss vis-a-vis the Mavic Pro?
Q2: what about ND filters to fit the dual camera?
Any other features comparisons you can provide would be very useful.
Thanks!
Calhoun Ranger
d/b/a NW GA Drone Guy
Really depends on what you intend to do with it. I don't have one, but the thermal camera on the MED is very low end.

I do have an I2 with X4S and I will likely end up selling it soon because I just don't use it enough. I can do everything I need with my M2Z and P4P. The P4P still has the best camera in my opinion, unless you move up to the X5 or X7 cameras on the I2. In terms of performance both the P4P and M2Z are fast, agile, and rock solid in the air. More stable than the I2 in fact.

The only real advantage of the I2 is the camera rotation capability and never catching the props in the shot.

The I2 also takes longer to set up and is a lot bigger/heavier to carry.

So unless you are moving up to a higher end camera than the X4S, I just don't see the value in purchasing an I2. Again it does depend on what you will be using it for.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have a M2ED that I use for search and rescue missions with my agency. They ended up purchasing one and wants us to use theirs even though the insurance covers ours, too. So I'm willing to rid of it since I don't use it any more beside training and flying around the flagpole.

As the others said, it depends on what you are using it for. If you were doing roof inspections where you're up close
The main difference is how much do you want to spend. Some people say don't waste your money on the M2ED, but it may just do what you need it to do for about $2500+.

I bought the I2 with the X5s and I just sold it and bought the enterprise dual. The I2 is a cinematic beast, An amazing drone. I could never use it to its full potential and the video I get from my M2P was good enough for my needs. The M2ED will hopefully find a niche that I can use.

Really depends on what you intend to do with it. I don't have one, but the thermal camera on the MED is very low end.

I do have an I2 with X4S and I will likely end up selling it soon because I just don't use it enough. I can do everything I need with my M2Z and P4P. The P4P still has the best camera in my opinion, unless you move up to the X5 or X7 cameras on the I2. In terms of performance both the P4P and M2Z are fast, agile, and rock solid in the air. More stable than the I2 in fact.

The only real advantage of the I2 is the camera rotation capability and never catching the props in the shot.

The I2 also takes longer to set up and is a lot bigger/heavier to carry.

So unless you are moving up to a higher end camera than the X4S, I just don't see the value in purchasing an I2. Again it does depend on what you will be using it for.
Late to comment, but more as a general FYI. The P4P and I2 X4S are actually the exact same camera. No difference other than gimbal mount.

Would agree the P4P and X4S are great cameras, few that use a mechanical leaf shutter below 1/2000. Superb for Map or modeling projects. By the way, the I2 X7 is also a mechanical leaf under 1/2000; The X5S is not.

Agree the P4P or Mavic is much easier to transport, setup and maintain... and overall much less expensive to use. Dual batteries and cost of hardware makes the I2 a much more expensive platform for comparable missions.

But the I2 has advantages... lens, payloads, etc.

As far as the thermal camera on the ME2 it is good for some types of inspections (less that 100 feet - solar panels, building thermal lasses etc), not (IMO) good for Search and Rescue, the camera sensor is way to small. at 125 feet away, a person is less than a few pixels, not enough for SAR... unless looking for someone on flat and open terrain with no vegetation. Here is a review on the exact same sensor and lens on the FLIR duo that was supposed to rejuvenate our old 'copters for use with FLIR.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000