DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro ESC ERROR HEADACHE!!!!!

AussieJarred

Reactions
Hey guys I was going to use the format for help but I feel like this write up will be easier, bit of a story so hold tight.

lets start this thread out with a fun video showing where it all started

now, as you can see, made the gap, however, quickly learnt that mavics dont like getting wet especially from seawater.

fast foward, gimbal short circuited. sent the drone away for repair and got a new drone and the go ahead that it was all good from the repairer. $400 later mind you...

new gimbal, sweet. 10 ish flights later, change out a battery, esc number two error. oh no. thats okay, buy a new motor.

solder in new motor (number two top left) doesnt fix problem. do some more research, find that when you start the mavic up if the motors move usually the motor needs replacing but if they dont make a peep, the ESC board is shot.

so this is where it gets a bit funny.

order a new esc board. $130 from ebay. ebay seller said it was genuine, however the packaging wasn't sealed however had an anti static bag and looked new.

sweet, soldered it in, this will solve all my problems. boom. not working. review the advertisement and I've bought a mavic pro platinum esc board......... yes i know. i am silly.

anyway. now here is the current drone situation. it turns on, it has an esc number 1 error now, (top right?) however, when turning on the drone, 3 motors make the beeps, top left (number 2 esc) DOES NOT!
I have also scoured over the whole drone for any spilt solder, or any incorrect wiring, it all looks good and in accordance with the original drone soldering.

where do you guys reckon i go from here. its become a bit of a money pit and Im close to throwing it all in the bin and ignoring i ever owned a drone!!! I acknowledge the silly mistake I made with the mavic pro platinum esc board and cant find any info whether they are the same and if it will run in the original mavic.

if you've come this far thankyou so much and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys I was going to use the format for help but I feel like this write up will be easier, bit of a story so hold tight.

lets start this thread out with a fun video showing where it all started

now, as you can see, made the gap, however, quickly learnt that mavics dont like getting wet especially from seawater.

fast foward, gimbal short circuited. sent the drone away for repair and got a new drone and the go ahead that it was all good from the repairer. $400 later mind you...

new gimbal, sweet. 10 ish flights later, change out a battery, esc number two error. oh no. thats okay, buy a new motor.

solder in new motor (number two top left) doesnt fix problem. do some more research, find that when you start the mavic up if the motors move usually the motor needs replacing but if they dont make a peep, the ESC board is shot.

so this is where it gets a bit funny.

order a new esc board. $130 from ebay. ebay seller said it was genuine, however the packaging wasn't sealed however had an anti static bag and looked new.

sweet, soldered it in, this will solve all my problems. boom. not working. review the advertisement and I've bought a mavic pro platinum esc board......... yes i know. i am silly.

anyway. now here is the current drone situation. it turns on, it has an esc number 1 error now, (top right?) however, when turning on the drone, 3 motors make the beeps, top left (number 2 esc) DOES NOT!
I have also scoured over the whole drone for any spilt solder, or any incorrect wiring, it all looks good and in accordance with the original drone soldering.

where do you guys reckon i go from here. its become a bit of a money pit and Im close to throwing it all in the bin and ignoring i ever owned a drone!!! I acknowledge the silly mistake I made with the mavic pro platinum esc board and cant find any info whether they are the same and if it will run in the original mavic.

if you've come this far thankyou so much and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gallant move , something I would have not attempted , however the drone did not crash from that little bit of salt water , did you rinse it thru and thru with fresh water after that flight. ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain
Maker of the Lunar Landing pad.

gday phantom! nope, after that it flew out, landed it, used my breath to try and blow the water from the gimbal, definitely making things worse, and then put it in rice for about a week, hoping it would solve all my problems ?

and i should add, the video might make it look like a little bit, but this thing essentially went swimming :oops:

and i should add, the video might make it look like a little bit, but this thing essentially went swimming :oops:

No, believe me I know water and that was nothing. So your big mistake was not drenching the entire drone without the battey with fresh water , dont be afraid. Than No rice , just let it dry naturally . That formula will get you up and running on the third day.

You can check out the Mavic taking in water on my website , phantomrain.org
You might also consider a wet suit to protect your battery .

Phantomrain.org
coal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji