DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Flight Issues

Leurch

Reactions
Anybody noticing that there is a drift when attempting to stop the drone?

I have been flying this everyday for a week now and when in ATTI mode, the drone will drift for about 6 - 8 feet after releasing the stick. In Speed mode, it is only about 3 feet. So the question is, is this me or is this really happening to others.

Leurch

ATTI mode it's supposed to drift. Opti I believe will use optical assistance to keep it still.

There's a noticeable "braking" increase from previous models. You can adjust this in the settings.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Mike_Flys
The required stopping distance is going to depend on how fast your Mavic is traveling. Were you flying at the same speed when you compared both of those braking distances?

Reactions: Mike_Flys
The required stopping distance is going to depend on how fast your Mavic is traveling. Were you flying at the same speed when you compared both of those braking distances?

One was flying in P mode and the other one was in S mode... They both had 17 gps sats. The P4 has no issues in the same modes as the Mavic. In hover, the drone is steady with NO drift, but when stopping, the distance is about 3 feet longer than that of the P4. Not cool!

Your original post is a bit confusing. Are you saying the only issue is that it takes your Mavic three more feet to stop than your P4?

I get what he's saying.... YES... the Mavic Flores farther than the P4 quite a bit.

In fact I'm sport mode it's sometimes scary how far it takes to stop.

My suggestion is to be careful, over brake, and adjust the braking gain to [emoji817] %

Your original post is a bit confusing. Are you saying the only issue is that it takes your Mavic three more feet to stop than your P4?
What I am saying is that I compared it to the P4 in stopping distance.

My Mavic is taking a longer time to stop than it should. There is a considerable distance between P and S mode stopping. S mode is way shorter than in P mode.

I remember when the P4 had the dropping issue when it stopped, it would drop about 3 to 4 feet. DJI resolved that issue. Hoping they reduce this stopping distance.

I get what he's saying.... YES... the Mavic Flores farther than the P4 quite a bit.

In fact I'm sport mode it's sometimes scary how far it takes to stop.

My suggestion is to be careful, over brake, and adjust the braking gain to [emoji817] %

That's the issue, I don't get a lot of float in S mode... that is about the same as the P4 in that manner... but the P mode is scary. Even when flying around in circle and making turns, it floats around turns. In order for me to stop quickly, I will shoot it straight out and turn it quickly and go up and up on throttle and direction and release throttle quickly. it stops ok then...

I will look into that brake gain... Thanks..

The Mavic needs more pronounced movements to achieve the same moves as the P4. It's just the nature of a smaller lighter quad. DJI just probably didn't want breaking angles too extreme as to mess up video shots.

I'm confused, I thought the Mavic didn't have ATTI mode.

I'm confused too. Unless VPS is turned off and you are indoors or flying off a balcony... how do you activate ATTI??

I was flying my Mavic yesterday for the first time outside as I wanted to test the camera out and lost control of it. I was trying to descend as a flock of Vultures were coming near and the Mavic would not respond. It started spinning back and forth and not matter what I did, it didn't respond. I decided to push the rth button and at first it didn't do anything but then it started to come down and land. I was probably flying it for about 15 minutes before this happen without any issues. In the video clip, it starts at .48 and you can see that it rotates for while and then comes down. It did not go to the take off spot, instead, it came straight down. In the video, I was standing at the takeoff spot and moved to where the drone was to attempt a grab landing because I wasn't sure what it was going to do. I don't know what the issue was but hopefully it doesn't happen again. I'm going to try to calibrate the controller and see what happens. On another note, the video and pictures came out great.

Aleng P, you might be able to figure out what happened if you upload your TXT flight log here. Post a link back here if you want other people to review it and comment on it.

Aleng P, you might be able to figure out what happened if you upload your TXT flight log here. Post a link back here if you want other people to review it and comment on it.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Above is the link to the uploaded flight log. it looks like the flight mode changed from P-GPS to Other, which might have caused the issue. I'm not too sure, new at looking at the flight logs.

Try the simulator and see if you can replicate the problem. If it does it in the simulator then it means your left stick has a bad pot.
Can you also try removing your sticks on the controller.
Thanks

I'm don't seem to be able to remove the sticks. I've tried and aren't budging. I'll give the simulator a try tmr and report back.

Try the simulator and see if you can replicate the problem. If it does it in the simulator then it means your left stick has a bad pot.
Can you also try removing your sticks on the controller.
Thanks

Only early versions of the controller allowed removal of the controller sticks. This has been change to be non removable in the current production models.

Also , nobody asked if you did a compass calibration or were asked to by the DJI Go app prior to flight.

This rotation of the Mavic and not receiving input from the control sticks on the controller has been mentioned in at least 2 other cases recently and appears to be related to the controller sticks.

In the calibration of the controller sticks one may find that they cannot be calibrated to a neutral position without an offset when the sticks are not being touched. They may have a permanent offset by some degree.

At least that was what was discovered in previous similar posts.

See post here Mavic Crash

Aleng P, I checked out your flight log and found the left stick (assuming you're using Mode 2) was in the far left/right position during the times your Mavic was yawing uncontrollably. That's what your flight log is reporting anyhow. If you weren't really moving the left stick like that, then you should consider sending that flight log to DJI support for help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000