DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Fly More for $289? Drounio Deal - BEWARE

AAPhoto

Reactions
FYI, I saw this unbelievable deal pop up on my Instagram feed from a company called Drunio where a Mavic Pro Fly More combo can be bought for $289.99. I looked up the domain name and their website was only built on Feb. 05, 2018. This type of thing is usually a sign of a malicious actor taking advantage of something's popularity. Their refund policy also sounds suspicious with statements such as "If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company...". I'm afraid this is one of those instances where if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
0c69a710ec96df4eef140bc1831b36e9.jpg
d59df1cbd7f3827edf8931f48ee7cf3f.jpg

Yeah, I hope no one would be foolish enough to purchase from the site. Usually these sites are there just to collect credit card information and resell it.

My friend just purchased the Mavic Pro combo pack from this site. He seems to think its legit. he paid the $289, lets see if it turns up.

Reactions: lenzwizard
Hope he used some form of payment that has their own refunds like a credit card or paypal.

Reactions: Kilrah
So drounio.com is just drounioshop.com/ which copied all its blog entries from here:

4kgold-fitness they just copy and pasted the text from UrbanDrones.com Privacy Policy. This looks like it was a test run of the scam website. The tab bar still reads 4kgold-fitness, which is what the website was in late January:

https://webcache.googleusercontent....yoga-hammock-hamac+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

And the whole website is literally a copy and paste of this: Preview Industrial Theme - Empire Ecommerce Website Template

4kgold-boutique.com redirects to https://newtech-drones.com

The domain 4kgold-boutique.com is registered to someone in Canada: 4kgold-boutique.com - Website and Domain information | wa-com.com

The [email protected] is registered to someone with the email : eco•••••••@gmail.com and the number (•••) •••-••67

That’s not an international code so it’s a NA number.

Google is a wonderful thing. Warning Don't Buy!!

I purchased this yesterday at lunch time. I used my American Express card. I'm hoping I didn't get scammed! The purchase has cleared my AMC card and after seeing this post I'm wondering if i should call AMC to get my money back? I tried to email Drounio to ask when my item will ship, but they have not emailed me back yet!
Any advice?

Reactions: lenzwizard
I purchased this yesterday at lunch time. I used my American Express card. I'm hoping I didn't get scammed! The purchase has cleared my AMC card and after seeing this post I'm wondering if i should call AMC to get my money back? I tried to email Drounio to ask when my item will ship, but they have not emailed me back yet!
Any advice?
I would call AMC asap

Any advice?

We're all rooting for you

Reactions: drw52jc
Any advice?
didnt you even wonder about such a low price?

My friend just purchased the Mavic Pro combo pack from this site. He seems to think its legit. he paid the $289, lets see if it turns up.
Goodbye dollars!! No Hope!!
Only way would be stolen goods. And even then serial numbers on drone would make it unflyable.
Can you imagine if just 1 in every thousand drone customer paid this scam ,These Scumbags would be millionaires.
Your mate won't be the only sucker

Any advice?
Cancel payment !! Now!!

FYI, I saw this unbelievable deal pop up on my Instagram feed from a company called Drunio where a Mavic Pro Fly More combo can be bought for $289.99. I looked up the domain name and their website was only built on Feb. 05, 2018. This type of thing is usually a sign of a malicious actor taking advantage of something's popularity. Their refund policy also sounds suspicious with statements such as "If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company...". I'm afraid this is one of those instances where if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
0c69a710ec96df4eef140bc1831b36e9.jpg
d59df1cbd7f3827edf8931f48ee7cf3f.jpg
todays world has many scams people need to beware that if its to good to be true,...then...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo