Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Fly More kit $850 - old firmware

John Locke

Reactions
UPDATE: SOLD
I bought this craft in March 2017 from DJI direct, it's never been crashed. It's flown very little because it's backup to my P4P. I have to say, it flies great. The best feature of this Mavic Pro is that it still has 15mo old firmware, frozen on purpose. You can choose to update it if you want, or you can leave it frozen so you have the option to hack the firmware and adjust all parameters, including altitude limitation, NFZ, etc. If you update the firmware to current, the option to adjust the flight parameters is gone forever. The package deal includes a very nice small backpack that holds a lot of stuff. Accessories include a windsurfer, RC stick protector, complete set of filters, RC/iPad bag, Platinum "quiet props", 2 extra sets of std props, 3 batteries, 4 battery sequential gang charger, DJI car charger and iPad 9" cable. I fly the craft with an iPad Mini2, which is not included.

Battery #1 charged 25 times, .03v deviation in cells
Battery #2 charged 24 times, .02 deviation in cells
Battery #3 charged 24 times, .02 deviation in cells

As you see the batteries are very healthy and not used much.

upload_2018-6-24_10-57-12.png

Two pockets, one on each side of the backpack that holds a battery. Quick and easy to access.

upload_2018-6-24_10-57-56.png

Notice the backpack holds all my stuff, plus my Canon SX50 camera (50X optical zoom). The iPad Mini and camera are not included in the package deal.

upload_2018-6-24_11-0-57.png

upload_2018-6-24_11-13-54.png

The iPad bag fits nicely inside the backpack on top of everything else.

upload_2018-6-24_11-2-41.png

upload_2018-6-24_11-10-6.png

Below is the backpack with RC/iPad bag inside, ready to go. Measures 15'H, 12"W X 8"D.

upload_2018-6-24_11-6-42.png

upload_2018-6-24_11-12-39.png

Below is the last video I produced with this Mavic Pro in April. The quiet props work nice.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-24_10-58-37.png
    upload_2018-6-24_10-58-37.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Dixon8812

Reactions
I e been considering the mavic pro and the P4P. This is for professional real estate use and a few other video and picture gigs. Would you mind telling me your opinion on the two? Which would you go with?

Reactions: Opabob

John Locke

Reactions
I e been considering the mavic pro and the P4P. This is for professional real estate use and a few other video and picture gigs. Would you mind telling me your opinion on the two? Which would you go with?
The P4P is the better choice, but more money of course. It has the 1" sensor, providing better resolution and dynamic range. It also has more sensors, operational when in tripod mode, which is ideal for real estate shoots. The sensors provide more insurance against collision with people's property. The Mavic Pro is easier to take on vacations due to the folding of the craft. The Mavic is a good backup for the P4P, which is why I bought it.

Last edited:

Dixon8812

Reactions
That's what I was thinking too. I've already got the little Spark for travel and recreation. I think that the phantom 4 pro is the way I'll go. Thank you for the information, and best of luck on your sale!

John Locke

Reactions
That's what I was thinking too. I've already got the little Spark for travel and recreation. I think that the phantom 4 pro is the way I'll go. Thank you for the information, and best of luck on your sale!
Yes, the Spark is cute, but you may become annoyed with Spark's limited range after you learn the capabilities of your new P4PV2. For travel, that's when the MavicPro becomes the ticket, with a 2+mi range. Then, when you start recording 4K video, the Spark will likely occupy permanent shelf space in your closet.

Dixon8812

Reactions
Just picked up the P4P for $850 used like new. I think that was a pretty good deal! I can't wait to try it out. The difference should be huge vs my spark.

John Locke

Reactions

NH Phantom

Reactions
I also bought my mavic when they first came out. I have never updated firmware (purposely ). Is there actually a way to freeze the firmware?
Thanks

John Locke

Reactions
I also bought my mavic when they first came out. I have never updated firmware (purposely ). Is there actually a way to freeze the firmware?
Thanks
Simply don't agree to firmware updates when they appear (which you have already) and disable auto update of the go4 app in your iPad/iPhone. Also, don't update the OS on the iPhone/iPad. If any of these change it may require all to be updated.

Reactions: Flycaster

NH Phantom

Reactions
So I haven't been keeping up with whats going on with the mavic. Youre saying that the old firmware can do things that the new firmware doesn't do? can you elaborate? The reason I never updated is because of the nightmares they had with the inspire. If that's the case I think you should have an advantage in selling your mavic over ones that have been updated. I have never had an issue with mine and the old firmware.

John Locke

Reactions
So I haven't been keeping up with whats going on with the mavic. Youre saying that the old firmware can do things that the new firmware doesn't do? can you elaborate? The reason I never updated is because of the nightmares they had with the inspire. If that's the case I think you should have an advantage in selling your mavic over ones that have been updated. I have never had an issue with mine and the old firmware.
You can adjust the flight parameters in the firmware with old firmware, you can't with new firmware. Search on "Mavic parameters" on YouTube and you'll find instructions for this. Anyone that knows this will want is firmware due to the added freedoms you can have with these modifications.

Flycaster

Reactions
A hundred dollar "premium" for "old, un-updated firmwares"!!!!
The "features" that are there are well worth the price of admission.
No quizez, no NFZ, no distance/speed limitations, and you get to tweak it how YOU want....

Mavflyer

Reactions
A hundred dollar "premium" for "old, un-updated firmwares"!!!!
The "features" that are there are well worth the price of admission.
No quizez, no NFZ, no distance/speed limitations, and you get to tweak it how YOU want....
It takes maybe 20 minutes to revert to old firmware. Hardly worth $100.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 2 Case

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsoumen