DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Folded Limestone Thrust Fault and Waterfalls

jungle

Reactions
This footage was taken at Provo canyon in Utah. There is a major fold in the limestone caused by a thrust fault. This thrust fault is associated by numerous little caves and disappearing waterfalls. I was trying to collect some footage and imagery for my corp website highlighting hydrogeologic operations (part 107).

This was my riskiest flight yet. Very narrow tree corridor. I had to move along a trail to maintain visual. Right next to some high power transmission lines which eventually caused my gimbal to go wonkey LoL just before landing.

It was always below 400 feet above ground level however I climbed probably under nine hundred or thousand feet above my take off point as I flew up the side of the mountain. Stressful, I was on complete overload.

Man this mavic pro is one solid bird.

my daughter and I decided it was awesome enough we climbed up to the waterfall and cooled off on the 4th of July.

when we got up there and laid down my backpack a snake slithered by and it was a cool little rubber boa. I let her go even though I wanted to keep her; they are really finicky eaters.

Last edited:
Nice example of a tight fold in carbonates! I'm hoping to capture similar geologic features with my M2P and put together some "geologic info" videos. That's the great thing about western North America, diverse geologic terrains in spectacular settings! Keep up the good work.

Nice example of a tight fold in carbonates! I'm hoping to capture similar geologic features with my M2P and put together some "geologic info" videos. That's the great thing about western North America, diverse geologic terrains in spectacular settings! Keep up the good work.

Great to hear ?.

Keep me posted on your research.!

My website is:

www.HessEnvironmental.com

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member