DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Folding Arms

E92Vancouver

Reactions
Do these arms lock in place meaning you need to press a button to unlock them or is this strictly a friction fit?

I would not be impressed if the arms stayed in place with friction meaning they could get loose over time and move in flight if doing some hard flying on a windy day. Dangerous.

No they don't lock but DJI have tested them over many thousand movements.

Every review has stated how the quality feel of the Mavic and its design is really noticeable.

Reactions: E92Vancouver
Mmmmh… that maybe so, but one of the rear arms of my (new) Mavic has a bit of play. More than the other wide. Have only flown it a dozen times or so, and each landing was smooth, so I am a little concerned.

Don't have the Refresh or anything other than the standard warranty. Purchased in store at Hong Kong.

There have been other posts about a little play in one of the rear legs when it is folded up, but it is solid when in flight position. Is this also the case for you?

One of my favorite race drones , an ImmersionRC Vortex 285 , has folding arms and have been folded way more than my Mavic . The Mavic has far better engineered folding mechanism so I'm not worried in the least .

Mmmmh… that maybe so, but one of the rear arms of my (new) Mavic has a bit of play. More than the other wide. Have only flown it a dozen times or so, and each landing was smooth, so I am a little concerned.

Don't have the Refresh or anything other than the standard warranty. Purchased in store at Hong Kong.
One of my rear (left) arms has a few millimeters of play when folded, not concerned about it.
Regards,
-d

well, folded the play is higher than when unfolded. The thing is, I didnt notice it at first, but now I really notice it. As if a screw is coming loose over time. Hence my question on whether there is some place a screw can be tightened. I checked the two screws that are accessible from the outside, but they were tight.

here is some video: (sorry, dont seem to be able to upload the video [its only 3.6 MB])

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 02.02.20.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 02.02.20.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member