DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro for My Business - Warranty? Insurance?

M

MoonstruckView

Hey guys,

I purchased a Mavic Pro and I had all sorts of sensor issues. The long story short, is that I shipped it back to Amazon for a refund while I re-thought the whole thing.

I have decided to buy another Mavic Pro. The question is, since Refresh is only good for one year, what is the thought behind this? Get another drone after one year? After one year you should be a good pilot and wont need it? Or, is the Mavic Pro really the right drone for a business?

Further, does anybody have any suggestions on liability insurance? Just in case I crash into something?

Hey guys,

I purchased a Mavic Pro and I had all sorts of sensor issues. The long story short, is that I shipped it back to Amazon for a refund while I re-thought the whole thing.

I have decided to buy another Mavic Pro. The question is, since Refresh is only good for one year, what is the thought behind this? Get another drone after one year? After one year you should be a good pilot and wont need it? Or, is the Mavic Pro really the right drone for a business?

Further, does anybody have any suggestions on liability insurance? Just in case I crash into something?
Depend in which country you are living and/or operating...

Hey guys,

I use Verifly when purchasing liability insurance. Quick and easy App that allows you to purchase on the spot for a period of time, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc. And very affordable.

I use my Mavic for business and here is my thinking.

I am going to buy two of them, as the cost is approx 1/2 what my last commercial drone cost. If one goes down, I can continue without pause since the platforms are identical, while my first ship is being repaired. Preferably not by DJI.

The Mavic, although not as commercially robust or capable as some other models, seems to fall in that sweet spot of capability, convenience and cost, I was looking for, so why not go for backup ship.

As for insurance, other than liability, based on 4 years flying multirotors, I am taking my chances that a mishap won't be total. Knock on wood and sign of the cross.

I use my Mavic for business and here is my thinking.

I am going to buy two of them, as the cost is approx 1/2 what my last commercial drone cost. If one goes down, I can continue without pause since the platforms are identical, while my first ship is being repaired. Preferably not by DJI.

The Mavic, although not as commercially robust or capable as some other models, seems to fall in that sweet spot of capability, convenience and cost, I was looking for, so why not go for backup ship.

As for insurance, other than liability, based on 4 years flying multirotors, I am taking my chances that a mishap won't be total. Knock on wood and sign of the cross.

Robert, I must say that is what I was thinking. I might as well get a 2nd Mavic when I have a serious accident. But I too would be taking chances if there was a "mishap being total". To be honest, what's holding me back is how unresponsive DJI is. I think their drones are awesome. But dealing with them as a company is stinky. I will probably just order another Mavic, hold my nose, buy the darn refresh, and hold my nose again if I crash, send it in, and if I have clientele that need my flying at the time, buy another one. This is very stinky indeed.

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus