DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro forced landing dangerously, DJI avoid responsibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missmydjimavicpro

Reactions
I lost my mavic pro very recently . I have been flying many times with 20% battery before and have no issue. This time, it forced land by itself. I pressed stop many times and it failed to cancel landing. At the end, I have to find a bush and crash land. I cannot retrieve my aircraft too. Completely panic and depressed experience. Contact DJI and they insisted it was misoperation. But how could the user cannot full control of the aircraft even the battery low. It was 20% and I have plenty of time to come home. If it forces land on highway I would have caused catastrophic disaster by causing accident or kill someone. Please anyone, reconsider if you want to buy DJI products again. I have two other friends, playing quickshot mode and fail to stop too. Again DJI push the responsibility to user. Everything is user fault. Scam company!

Reactions: prisondude
Sorry for your loss. I was adviced by a friend not to drain battery below 20%. Not good for the battery. So I try to land mine by around 30%.
There are thousands of people who own Mavics, and most would say they have good experience with theirs. To accuse DJI of being a scam because of your experience is an over reach. They won’t be as big and popular as they are if they are a scam company.

Let us keep a level head here and not be drawn into a flame war.

Sorry for your loss. I was adviced by a friend not to drain battery below 20%. Not good for the battery. So I try to land mine by around 30%.
There are thousands of people who own Mavics, and most would say they have good experience with theirs. To accuse DJI of being a scam because of your experience is an over reach. They won’t be as big and popular as they are if they are a scam company.

First thing, if it's below 20% and need to return home, doesn't mean it has to force landing which might cause disaster, e.g. if it's land on highway. User should always have full control no matter how critical the situation is. 20% x 27 min = 5 min. 5 min you could still easily fly kilometer. Why you have to force landing? Why cannot cancel force landing by stop button?

Flight log please. That will explain everything. If it is Not user error, I’ll be the first to apologize. If it was user error, you should just delete your username and restart [emoji57]

This thread will serve no purpose, the op can not post flight records as he does not have his AC so all is speculation.
This thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest