DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Ghost Edges /Posterize Time Artifacts

Minnefilms

Reactions
jy66I

jy66I

I am a new Mavic Pilot trying to figure out the best settings and my most recent footage has some artifacts I haven't noticed in other Mavic footage or my own until the most recent firmware update. It looks like edge ghosting or even a posterize time effect has been added to the footage- you can see the "ghost" edge of my leg (and car and pavement) from the previous several frames. This example is 4k 30fps (+1,-3,-3 D-Log)- But it happens with all my most recent footage from today and yesterday no matter the settings (I've tried 2k,4k,24p,30p Sharpness +1 and -1). The artifacts become more obvious once its color corrected. Has anyone else noticed this in their footage? Any ideas for remedy?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DJI_0005.MP4.00_00_55_08.Still001.png
    DJI_0005.MP4.00_00_55_08.Still001.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 23
I think if you go Dlog AND with -3 on contrast and -3 on colors, there is SO MUCH data that the lazy encoder will simply throw away (drops below some arbitrary discernible threshold) that I am not surprised that you have issues in post. If you have a way to look at just color information You will see that it is more a "colorization" effect than reality.

Thanks for the response. I will try again tomorrow with more reasonable settings (D-log +1,0,0?). I was shooting that way because I had downloaded a LUT that was designed for those settings- but I see what you are saying about the bad encoding.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent