DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Gimbal Fallen after crash - repairable?

iamdjka

Reactions
Hey everyone,

New to the forum and would really appreciate some help!

Was flying my Mavic Pro last night and got a bit careless and flew my drone into the side of my house. It seemed to have survived the drop at first but when I picked it up the gimbal seemed completely detached. I thought I could maybe clip it back on but no luck :(

Was wondering if anyone on here knows if it can be repaired or is it time to get a new drone? Thanks for all the help guys! Have attached a few pics to explain the situation!

I'm based in the UK if anyone has links for parts I may need etc.

Many thanks!
KAUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_10cd.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_10ce.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_10cf.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_10d0.jpg

If you dont send it in for repair then you can find parts on the internet to fix the broken parts yourself,or buy a whole new gimbal assembly. ( how to videos on YouTube)
fixing it yourself will void any warranty you might have.

Reactions: iamdjka
Thanks Mikel - I don't think I'm competent to fix it myself, just wanted to know if it can be repaired!

Does anyone know how much DJI charges for this kind of a repair?

Thanks Mikel - I don't think I'm competent to fix it myself, just wanted to know if it can be repaired!

Does anyone know how much DJI charges for this kind of a repair?

Hi. Full camera for 500u$s and 2 hour 65u$s x hour.

I paid just over $300 for the whole camera/gimbal assembly online and if was plugnplay, took about hour or so to do it... not hard.. watch the YouTube video and see how it disassembles

Reactions: SweeT
Hey everyone,

New to the forum and would really appreciate some help!

Was flying my Mavic Pro last night and got a bit careless and flew my drone into the side of my house. It seemed to have survived the drop at first but when I picked it up the gimbal seemed completely detached. I thought I could maybe clip it back on but no luck :(

Was wondering if anyone on here knows if it can be repaired or is it time to get a new drone? Thanks for all the help guys! Have attached a few pics to explain the situation!

I'm based in the UK if anyone has links for parts I may need etc.

Many thanks!
KAView attachment 18172View attachment 18173View attachment 18174View attachment 18175
Theres a guy on the forums called Thunderdrones(hope I spelled corectly). He's your man. I think its his buisness, everyone seems very happy with his advice, and I sure he can fix it or advise.

Hi everyone, thank you for all the help! I message a couple of the guys from Thunderdrones thread and found a company willing to look at it for £10 and let me know the damage.

I will report back with the details and quality of service to hopefully help some other people on the forum too. Many thanks guys!

It is fixable. Just fixed mine. Parts you will need is Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Board, flex ribbon and probably the video cable. I replaced the Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Board and the flex ribbon and that fixed the gimbal but I wasn't getting a video feed on my app. Just replaced my video cable today and have my feed back.

Hi everyone, thank you for all the help! I message a couple of the guys from Thunderdrones thread and found a company willing to look at it for £10 and let me know the damage.

I will report back with the details and quality of service to hopefully help some other people on the forum too. Many thanks guys!

It sounds like a good deal. Best of luck.

you will need replace some part probably flex, signal cable and vibra plate as well an you will be fine

check my channel for more repair help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun