DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SkyJockey61

Reactions
This started happening to my Mavic Pro about a month ago and seems to be getting worse. When I maneuver the drone quickly I get this gimbal flop. It flops in the direction of the turn (or yaw). I've calibrated the gimbal and it's still doing it. Anybody have any experience with this? I'm within my 90 days to return it to Costco. I'm guessing this is a hardware issue. Please help! See the video below.

Nice place to fly !! I'd send it back and get a new one while you have the option - I've been flying the mavic for 12 months - my drone is unlocked/modified - max out top speeds etc
And the gimbal never flopped like yours...maybe a little horizon tilt now and again but that jerk looks bad..

Do you get the flop on control device as well as the SD card.
If just seen on the SD card it could be the problem. Try reformatting it or try another card.

Yeah it’s definitely a hardware issue. And it happens mostly in sport mode. I fly it pretty agressively in sport mode. In fact that’s when it started. I put in sport mode and it started flopping after I made a few evasive maneuvers. I’ve noticed even when it’s not flopping and I set the horizon using the C2+right wheel trick it still goes off horizon and lags pretty bad before it goes level again. I’ve not found anyone online dealing with the same issue. At least nobody that’s posted anything about it (video or otherwise).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots