DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Gimbal issues (refurb unit)

Colton48

Reactions
Hi,

I just received a refurbished mavic pro. (beautiful drone)
I got a two good flights out if it thus far.

The 3rd flight wasn't so pretty, It lost the camera mid flight 400 feet away from me.
Thank God the return home feature worked. However, ever since this flight the camera continues to go out at random. For example I had it sitting on a table earlier powered up, it showed display for 4-5 minutes and then the gimbal went to a disconnected state. It has done this multiple times today. I'm worried to fly this unit as there may be something wrong.

Before sending this unit back as defective, I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on how to fix this issue?
I'm guessing it's defective, but wanted to make sure this wasn't a common easy fix.

Earlier today it presented a FLOAT DATA ERROR. Which I've never seen before. This only appeared once and hasn't returned.

I've updated the remote and drone to the newest firmware.
Thanks for for any assistance you can provide.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just received a refurbished mavic pro. (beautiful drone)
I got a two good flights out if it thus far.

The 3rd flight wasn't so pretty, It lost the camera mid flight 400 feet away from me.
Thank God the return home feature worked. However, ever since this flight the camera continues to go out at random. For example I had it sitting on a table earlier powered up, it showed display for 4-5 minutes and then the gimbal went to a disconnected state. It has done this multiple times today. I'm worried to fly this unit as there may be something wrong.

Before sending this unit back as defective, I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on how to fix this issue?
I'm guessing it's defective, but wanted to make sure this wasn't a common easy fix.

Earlier today it presented a FLOAT DATA ERROR. Which I've never seen before. This only appeared once and hasn't returned.

I've updated the remote and drone to the newest firmware.
Thanks for for any assistance you can provide.

Hi,

I experienced twice the same issue today lost image however the HD signal strength was fine. I have been flying in Hi wind to this might have created stress on the gimbal.
I have experienced a few times the gimbal going wacky but never creating a hazardous situation. I try to keep the Mavic in line of sight in case something wrong happens with image.

Have you solved your issue? If so what was the problem?

Exact same problem. However, like Gon said, I’ve flown in windy/cold conditions. The issue became so unbearable I had to send it back to DJI for repair. From what I’ve read, that process could take anywhere from 4-6 weeks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser