DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro gimbal issues

Eric21

Reactions
I recently replaced the flat gimbal ribbon which was broken after replacing I started up my drone and the gimbal flops around and then stays frozen in a position. I tried to calibrate the gimbal throw my controller with my android phone the calibration gets up to 28% and then says calibration failed. I would greatly appreciate any help with this matter.

What was the issue initially that you encountered and assumed it was the ribbon.

Assuming the ribbon was the issue It is a cheap yet tricky repair...you could have folded the ribbon the wrong way, if you try to correct it than you can damage the ribbon as is not meant for too many folds.

Welcome Aboard!!!

What was the issue initially that you encountered and assumed it was the ribbon.

Assuming the ribbon was the issue It is a cheap yet tricky repair...you could have folded the ribbon the wrong way, if you try to correct it than you can damage the ribbon as is not meant for too many folds.

Welcome Aboard!!!
It clipped a small branch and fell to the ground maybe a 5 foot fall, and I could see the ribbon was ripped in half. So I had replaced it and the bends yes tricky and the first replacement attempt I believe I folded it the wrong way so I ordered a second ribbon and replaced it again this time going very slow making sure the bends were correct. With that being said I couldn't find any videos that were really detailed on this. Do you know of any that are very detailed with the bends and how to install. Thanks~Eric

google is your friend

heres what I got on a quick search

we do mavic pro gimbal replacements @ $249 shipped sometimes easier to just swap out the whole gimbal as it takes an hr for the ribbon and doesn't always work. There could be other issues. so the ribbon cost plus the labor comes pretty close to just swap out the whole gimbal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada