DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - Gimbal N/A, No SD Card - Air Encoder (0x800000)

Danko

Reactions
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has experienced this Air Encoder (0x800000) error on their mavics which have been previously performing as per normal?

I've owned my Mavic since November and undertaken more flights than I can remember without a single Mavic error!

Lately however, I've run into the above mentioned...

At first, I would try resetting the AirCraft and RemoteControl multiple times, removing the battery, changing the battery, popping out the sim card and re-inserting it. Eventually the video feed would come to life in the DJI Go app and work as normal for the length of the flight.

I've googled and found a lot of pages with others experiencing this particular error and many times this has appeared to be an SD card issue. I've tested on 3 different cards (including the one which came with the Mavic) and continued to run into the encoder error. Even sector scanning and formatting into a different format on a PC and then re-formatting it on the AC to correct any formatting issues, no joy!

I've also restored factory settings on the firmware and re-flashed the firmware, but every time when i try reflash, stuck on 40% and i get error 0*02104

What I have found through a lot of testing is, if I power on the AC after it's been sitting for a while, I get the error 100% of the time, which has no video feed/control. Also, the exposure number ie: 0,+1.0, +2.0 etc, does not show on the RC when this error happens. In DJI Go it shows 'No SD Card' or video feed

If I let the Mavic sit there and warm up for about 4-5 minutes, power down and power up again, the video feed appears in DJI Go and the error disappears for as long as the AC remains warm... The exposure numbers re-appear on the RC.
I can change batteries and fly again with no issues as long as it's warm.

When I let it cool down for say 30 minutes, the error message returns upon the next power on.

Attachments

• 064600jjto8ot3f7y2lj71.png
    064600jjto8ot3f7y2lj71.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
So, I've been messing with this error for several weeks now and, for me, I know what it IS NOT!
1. It is NOT the SD-Card (although it may have been for some people). Reformatting and replacing the SD-Card with a 16gb SanDisk Extreme U3 has NOT fixed my issue.
2. It is NOT the Main Core Board. I have replaced the Main Core board with two (2) known good Core Boards and the issue still remains. Replacing the core board back into another Mavic pro and they work fine thru multiple re-boots.
3. It IS NOT the Video Cable as, Initially (upon 1st boot) the error disappeared until the next re-boot where it promptly returned, so the video cable is working, as are the cables to and from the gimbal control board and the gimbal control board itself.
4. It IS NOT the cable connections to the Core board, as they are all good and, as previously stated, everything worked on the initial boot after replacing the Core Board.

This leaves me to believe it MUST be a firmware issue. But the drone will not complete a Firmware Refresh or a downgrade with DJI Assistant or DUMLdore V3. In both cases, thru multiple attempts, on various levels of firmware and on 2, Known Good, Core Boards, the update/downgrade fails at 36%. So I can't even update/downgrade the firmware. I'm just about ready to throw this drone into the river!
Also, the drone is at 01.04.0500 firmware.

Any help from the community would be DEEPLY APPRIECATED!!

Either of you guys get this fixed? I'm getting the Air Encoder (0x800000) error plus there is no video feed to the app.

I ve got exactly same issues, aircraft encoder error, after a few minutes the pan works on controller, sometimes the no sd card disappears and then the camera goes from n/a to normal, never been crashed, I however changed the gimbal arm, flex and transmission cables, downgraded firmware, re calibrated everything it completely random fault. I suspect a mainboard issue or firmware but I'm not going to invest anymore money into it, very frustrating.... £1400 drone that has only had a few hours use.

I ve got exactly same issues, aircraft encoder error, after a few minutes the pan works on controller, sometimes the no sd card disappears and then the camera goes from n/a to normal, never been crashed, I however changed the gimbal arm, flex and transmission cables, downgraded firmware, re calibrated everything it completely random fault. I suspect a mainboard issue or firmware but I'm not going to invest anymore money into it, very frustrating.... £1400 drone that has only had a few hours use.
The ONLY fix I have found is to replace the Main Core Board, fixes it every time.

I also have this same exact issue. Sometimes my Mavic Pro works fine, more often I get this error and no SD card message and no live feed. So frustrating but I'm probably not going to get it repaired. Still I'd like to know how much a main core board replacement (by DJI) costs?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder