DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro gimbal overload

BushcrafterAU

Reactions
Hi everyone, My name is Scott and I’ve only just started getting into drones. I originally bought a Tello to learn on and upgraded to a new official refurbished Dji Mavic Pro Fly More about a month ago. Since then I’ve flown it maybe an hour and a half in total and been very careful not to fly in damp weather, strong wind, or near obstacles. I’ve never crashed it either. And just this morning the gimbal began to stutter when I turned it on and the app said Gimbal load too large. The brace was off (I always store it with the brace on and the plastic covers around the gimbal) and the gimbal was free to move but it was uncontrollable. I updated the drone firmware and tried to recalibrate the gimbal but it would get stuck on 5% calibration. I quit the app after it was stuck for about 10 minutes and restarted it and it was still stuttering. My dad then tried recalibrating it and picked the drone up to move it onto a table and it said calibration failed- keep drone stationary. And the gimbal started to work normally immediately afterward.
Is this an issue I should be worried about repeating in the future or is it a one time anomaly?
I have one year warranty on it but I don’t want to have to go through the hassle of returning it considering how new it is.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona!

if all seems well I’d recommend fly close and at low altitude in open areas only for a few flights. At the first sign of anything amiss contact DJI for return of a malfunctioning drone.

Reactions: BushcrafterAU
Hi everyone, My name is Scott and I’ve only just started getting into drones. I originally bought a Tello to learn on and upgraded to a new official refurbished Dji Mavic Pro Fly More about a month ago. Since then I’ve flown it maybe an hour and a half in total and been very careful not to fly in damp weather, strong wind, or near obstacles. I’ve never crashed it either. And just this morning the gimbal began to stutter when I turned it on and the app said Gimbal load too large. The brace was off (I always store it with the brace on and the plastic covers around the gimbal) and the gimbal was free to move but it was uncontrollable. I updated the drone firmware and tried to recalibrate the gimbal but it would get stuck on 5% calibration. I quit the app after it was stuck for about 10 minutes and restarted it and it was still stuttering. My dad then tried recalibrating it and picked the drone up to move it onto a table and it said calibration failed- keep drone stationary. And the gimbal started to work normally immediately afterward.
Is this an issue I should be worried about repeating in the future or is it a one time anomaly?
I have one year warranty on it but I don’t want to have to go through the hassle of returning it considering how new it is.
I have the same problem, did you fix it?

I have the same problem, did you fix it?
I actually did manage to fix it. I updated the version of the DJI Go app I was using and then it prompted me to do a gimbal software update which I did. After that it stuttered a few more times and then stopped and has been working fine ever since. All I can come down to is that it was a software glitch and when I restarted and updated it it finally sorted itself out.

I actually did manage to fix it. I updated the version of the DJI Go app I was using and then it prompted me to do a gimbal software update which I did. After that it stuttered a few more times and then stopped and has been working fine ever since. All I can come down to is that it was a software glitch and when I restarted and updated it it finally sorted itself out.
Witch version update did you use?
And was it on your pc or on your phone?

I had a overload problem . it was first the ribbon cable. so I switched that out just fine . it was working great . then when I tried to do an calibration . it always failed . it turns out the angle was set too far in the roll. I centered it, and did a recalibrate again. it works great now!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird