DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro gimbal ribbon repair/ Forward sensor ribbon tear

jgullam

Reactions
Hey all,

Problem?
In the course of replacing the gimbal ribbon cable I tore the forward sensor ribbon cable. When I turn on the drone the gimbal flails around wildly, I get the gimbal overload code as well as the vision sensor errors.
Question- would the torn sensor cable cause the gimbal to behave erratically, or did I install the gimbal cable incorrectly (or break it while installing)?
I am going to order a forward vision sensor (unless somebody tells me I can replace the cable only) and replace it myself. But, if I installed it wrong or broke the gimbal cable I may consider paying to have it done by someone who knows what they're doing.

Was unit in a crash? Slammed into a redwood tree
What have you tried so far? Replaced the gimbal ribbon cable
What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Samsung Note4 8"
What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Controller 01.04.0500 Drone v 01.03.09.00
What Go app version are you using? 4.3.20
Any modification? (if so what) Wrapgrade skin Firehouse Arc lights
Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No
Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27
Hey all,

Problem?
In the course of replacing the gimbal ribbon cable I tore the forward sensor ribbon cable. When I turn on the drone the gimbal flails around wildly, I get the gimbal overload code as well as the vision sensor errors.
Question- would the torn sensor cable cause the gimbal to behave erratically, or did I install the gimbal cable incorrectly (or break it while installing)?
I am going to order a forward vision sensor (unless somebody tells me I can replace the cable only) and replace it myself. But, if I installed it wrong or broke the gimbal cable I may consider paying to have it done by someone who knows what they're doing.

Was unit in a crash? Slammed into a redwood tree
What have you tried so far? Replaced the gimbal ribbon cable
What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Samsung Note4 8"
What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Controller 01.04.0500 Drone v 01.03.09.00
What Go app version are you using? 4.3.20
Any modification? (if so what) Wrapgrade skin Firehouse Arc lights
Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No
Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
Try Thunderdrones in Georgia(USA).Honest,fast,and reasonably priced.

Reactions: WAXMAN

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair