DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Gimbal Ribbon Repair Not Working

FlyingFilmmaker

Reactions
Site
flyingfilmmakerpro.com
After a recent crash, the camera and gimbal on my Mavic Pro stopped working. Just looking at it I could see that the ribbon cable was severed, so I got one off of eBay and replaced it last night. Got it all back together but it still isn't working. It doesn't have all the gimbal overload warnings but is totally dead.

The gimbal doesn't go through the normal "gimbal dance" on startup and doesn't seem to be on. In the app I don't get any live feed from the camera, and I can't adjust any camera settings. Strangely however, the gimbal tilt indicator on the right side moves from time to time, but I can't control the gimbal. It has one error left, a "camera sensor error", not sure what that exactly means.

Anyone have any ideas what is wrong? Would replacing the silver "braided" cable fix this or is it something totally messed up with the camera.

If you don't have a picture then the silver cable is dead too. And since it's also needed for the gimbal to work it's likely the gimbal will also start working when replaced.

If you don't have a picture then the silver cable is dead too. And since it's also needed for the gimbal to work it's likely the gimbal will also start working when replaced.
Good to know, I guess that's it then. Any idea if it's fairly easy to replace like the ribbon cable?

"camera sensor error" means there is no connection through the 'braided cable' .
It might be that you just dislodged one of the connections. You will probably have to dissemble everything to find out.
I have only worked on the Mavic 2 which has a connector each end and a middle connector, which means a total disassembly.

Mavic pro
This might help

Reactions: FlyingFilmmaker

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada