DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Gimbal Startup Problem

Cyber3xpert

Reactions
Problem? The gimbal keeps hitting the end of its pitch spectrum upon startup.

Was unit in a crash? Yes, and I broke the gimbal vibration plate.

What have you tried so far? I replaced the plate and it flew fine for a while. Then I forgot to attach the gimbal lock one time and the case took a nice bump in the road.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPad Mini 2

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest, both.

What Go app version are you using? DJI GO 4. Latest, I think.

Any modification? (if so what) No.

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) Not right now, but I can post some later if needed.

The gimbal starts to go through its self diagnostics process, right? Then it goes all the way up, then all the way down, quickly. It hits the end of its range of motion both ways, goes up and down a couple more times, then goes limp. On the GO4 app I'm getting messages such as "Gimbal Motor Overload" and "Check to see that the gimbal lock is removed" and "gimbal will restart in a few seconds," or something like that.

I thought maybe it was the vibration plate? Maybe the rubber bands got stretched out when the case went over that bump? I have checked the wires, and from what I can see, none of them seem damaged.

Help???

Thanks in advance! I know there are a lot more people more drone-savvy than me out there!

**Update**
I replaced the vibration board again, and it didn't fix it. I'm thinking I need to replace the ribbon cable, in response to the post below by @mavicpro66.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem? The gimbal keeps hitting the end of its pitch spectrum upon startup.

Was unit in a crash? Yes, and I broke the gimbal vibration plate.

What have you tried so far? I replaced the plate and it flew fine for a while. Then I forgot to attach the gimbal lock one time and the case took a nice bump in the road.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPad Mini 2

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest, both.

What Go app version are you using? DJI GO 4. Latest, I think.

Any modification?
(if so what) No.

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) Not right now, but I can post some later if needed.

The gimbal starts to go through its self diagnostics process, right? Then it goes all the way up, then all the way down, quickly. It hits the end of its range of motion both ways, goes up and down a couple more times, then goes limp. On the GO4 app I'm getting message such as "Gimbal Motor Overload" and "Check to see that the gimbal lock is removed" and "gimbal will restart in a few seconds," or something like that.

I thought maybe it was the vibration plate? Maybe the rubber bands got stretched out when the case went over that bump? I have checked the wires, and from what I can see, none of them seem damaged.

Help???

Thanks in advance! I know there are a lot more people more drone-savvy than me out there!

Am I missing something? By the looks of it you posted this back on December 1 and haven't gotten a response. I own a Mavic Pro and I'm having a similar issue and haven't found any help yet. I've posted about it several times. I used to own a P4 and was a member of the Phantom Pilots forum. If I posted a question within a day I'd have a ton of posts and my answer. That doesn't seem to be the case here and I'm pretty frustrated about that. Anyway, I bought a Mavic Pro off ebay that was in mint condition, but was giving me the Gimbal Motor Load too Large error which indicated a broken ribbon cable. I ordered one off Amazon and watched a couple of youtube videos on replacing it and did the job myself. The bird flies perfectly now and I can control all functions on the camera and gimbal, it's great EXCEPT when I start it up for flight after the gimbal goes through it's startup ritual and settles out it's cocked to the right and it fails gimbal calibration every time. Get's stuck at 77%. I can point the camera forward and take off and fly, but it's retty annoying that I have to point the camera forward every time. Anyway, just thought I'd share. See pic below.

Paul aka mavicpro66

Attachments

• IMG-3844.jpg
    IMG-3844.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Am I missing something? By the looks of it you posted this back on December 1 and haven't gotten a response. I own a Mavic Pro and I'm having a similar issue and haven't found any help yet. I've posted about it several times. I used to own a P4 and was a member of the Phantom Pilots forum. If I posted a question within a day I'd have a ton of posts and my answer. That doesn't seem to be the case here and I'm pretty frustrated about that. Anyway, I bought a Mavic Pro off ebay that was in mint condition, but was giving me the Gimbal Motor Load too Large error which indicated a broken ribbon cable. I ordered one off Amazon and watched a couple of youtube videos on replacing it and did the job myself. The bird flies perfectly now and I can control all functions on the camera and gimbal, it's great EXCEPT when I start it up for flight after the gimbal goes through it's startup ritual and settles out it's cocked to the right and it fails gimbal calibration every time. Get's stuck at 77%. I can point the camera forward and take off and fly, but it's retty annoying that I have to point the camera forward every time. Anyway, just thought I'd share. See pic below.

Paul aka mavicpro66
Thank you so much for replying! I have gotten a couple of PM's, but haven't taken anyone up on it. Thank you for your input as well; I appreciate it very much. I wish this forum was as responsive as your PhantomPilots forum lol!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos