DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Goggles newbie question (hopefully)

hunterws

Reactions
Trying my goggles for the first time, and never really went flying. Hovered 3' off the ground, then thought ... how do I set my home or precision home ....as there are no '3 dots' in the upper right of screen.

No phone ... was just flying with goggles, mp & controller.

I did notice a home (H) symbol floating on screen, but no way to interact with it.

So, in summary, flying with just remote & goggles, how do you set your home / precision home ?

Thanks (tried searching this in forums, but anything to do with this that was close, is 2 years old)

So you may know this already but wherever you take off from will be auto set as your home point, unknown if its auto precision? Unfortunately, the goggles functionality is quite limited. Its more of an information display, rather than a controller.

Ive never used the MP, but I do have the Mavic2/Goggles RE set and with those, the Goggles have a take off/land function but I would never attempt to use it. Other than that, its just a great resolution (for a VR headset) camera view/information display!

Sorry this isnt what you were hoping for probably but Id say you definitely need a device for your controller if you wish to have full control! Also worth noting, if a device, logged in to your DJI account, is not sensed by your RC upon startup, your AC (aircraft) height and range will be severely limited anyway...

Goodday
JD
Trying my goggles for the first time, and never really went flying. Hovered 3' off the ground, then thought ... how do I set my home or precision home ....as there are no '3 dots' in the upper right of screen.

I did notice a home (H) symbol floating on screen, but no way to interact with it.

So, in summary, flying with just remote & goggles, how do you set your home / precision home ?

Thanks (tried searching this in forums, but anything to do with this that was close, is 2 years old)

Thanks for clarifying!

"the goggles functionality is quite limited. Its more of an information display, rather than a controller. " Ok, I thought I had read somewhere else that the goggles replace the need for a phone ... and it does to some extent I guess. I really like the idea of precision take-off/landing, as my first RTH experience without it missed the houses fascia by inches, was off a couple feet :)

I want to get an 8" mini tablet to use so I'm not dependent on my phone. Should someone call, I dont want to have to land and take the call heh

Thanks again

Thanks for clarifying!

"the goggles functionality is quite limited. Its more of an information display, rather than a controller. " Ok, I thought I had read somewhere else that the goggles replace the need for a phone ... and it does to some extent I guess. I really like the idea of precision take-off/landing, as my first RTH experience without it missed the houses fascia by inches, was off a couple feet :)

I want to get an 8" mini tablet to use so I'm not dependent on my phone. Should someone call, I dont want to have to land and take the call heh

Thanks again
Read the direction it helped me out a lot

If you're not crying or calling the police, it's not trolling.
I was confused.
The directions do not help, as they are 2 years old and there has been a lot that has changed since then, so best recourse is to ask people that use it today.

already did that, and didn't have 20hrs to find out the solution to my one little issue, but thanks

I own the white goggles and and fly with the mavic zoom and the mavic sets the home point not the goggles said above help that helps....

For what it's worth, I fly my M2Z/white DJI Goggles combo without the phone. Of course, I just fly it in a small air space and never pushed those boundaries which I would define as 400 yards, tops. Never had a connectivity issue. I hope it clarifies your doubt.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent