DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro GPS Connector

trehoret

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know what the type of the GPS connector is? and where I can buy one (or 2)?

The idea is to replace the existing GPS chip on the Mavic.

See the photos attached, and so you know, I bought some JST-SH 6 pins and it was bigger than the Mavic one ... (bought on ebay and may have been a bad batch...)

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-09 at 15.07.13.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-09 at 15.06.53.jpeg

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

No need to shout :)

The idea is to fit in an RTK GPS chip instead to obtain centimeter accuracy during photogrammetry flights. Removing the need for PPK processing and speeding up the process.

I hope this answer is enough for you to provide me with an answer to the original question if you have it ... ;)

Jim.

How do those work, do they use something in addition to the satellites, like a local transmitter?

Edit: Never mind, I took my own advice and STFW. That is really cool technology and I hadn't heard of it until now. Good luck with your project!

Do you have enough or an accurate base station in range of where you are or want to fly to warrent using RTK. Also Mavics combine compass 1 on that GPS board so you would need to keep and wire that into the plug or receive compass error.
It may also be possible, in that Mavics processor may not read or be compatible with RTK output code as I have an idea it may be Ublox not NMEA 0183.

The idea is to fit in an RTK GPS chip instead to obtain centimeter accuracy during photogrammetry flights.
You are aware that simply exchanging the onboard consumer GNSS chip to a RTK chip is not enough:
RTK systems in general use a single base-station receiver and one or mobile units (i.e. a drone).
The base station re-broadcasts the phase of the carrier that it receives from GNSS, and the drones GNSS chip compares its own phase measurements with the one received from the base station.
So essentially more investment and experimenting has to be done ...

Does anyone know what the type of the GPS connector is?
Check the website from J.S.T. to find your specific model: JST World Class Quality Interconnection Products

Hello,

Yes I am aware of this (I am a topographic/hydrographic surveyor by trade). I do have my own equipment for base station and rover. I do also know that it includes the compass, and planning on replacing with an RTK chip which also includes a compass.

Indeed all this testing can only be done if I find the right connector...

Thinking laterally here... check with drone repair guys if they have damaged parts laying around, you may score a GPS chip with the connector.

I have a Phantom 4 RTK kit... having a MP RTK would be great, less bulk to drag around ;)

Thinking laterally here... check with drone repair guys if they have damaged parts laying around, you may score a GPS chip with the connector.

I have a Phantom 4 RTK kit... having a MP RTK would be great, less bulk to drag around ;)

That's good idea ! Thanks !

Yes, the size of the MP is definitely an advantage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf