DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Grain

smiller74

Reactions
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to see what your opinion was of the grain on this footage. It's not terrible and I don't think other people would really notice it, but it kind of drives me crazy. Just trying to see if all my settings are the best they could be to avoid this. My settings are:

D-Cinelike
+1 -1 -1
3840x2160
1/120
30fps
mp4
polarpro ND 16
WB Sunny

Is this the best I can do? Is the only way to fix this is with de-noiser?

I assume ISO 100.

I don't see a problem with it. If you're going to be a pixel peeper you'll be happier with a Phantom 4 Pro or an Inspire.

oh yeah ISO 100. I can see it in those silver triangle moldings coming off the building. I'm happy with the footage. Just wanted to see if there is anything I can do to make it completely noiseless. I'll try to see if denoiser does anything.

The issue might be with the shutter speed. Try setting it to 1/60 (180 rule as in half of the fps) to get motion blur.

The issue might be with the shutter speed. Try setting it to 1/60 (180 rule as in half of the fps) to get motion blur.

It was too bright for 1/60 so I upped it a bit. I didn't think it mattered as long as nothing in the shot was moving.

It was too bright for 1/60 so I upped it a bit. I didn't think it mattered as long as nothing in the shot was moving.

It matters.It's a question of human perception and sampling speed (see Nyquist sampling rule). Unfortunately. I have also the same problem with my Phantom 3, as I only have a ND16. For the Mavic I have a ND32 so I was able to solve that particular issue.

It matters.It's a question of human perception and sampling speed (see Nyquist sampling rule). Unfortunately. I have also the same problem with my Phantom 3, as I only have a ND16. For the Mavic I have a ND32 so I was able to solve that particular issue.
cool! thanks for the info. I'll try the ND32 to see if that helps next time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom