DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro hit by wave - help

Mavicgeo

Reactions
Hello everyone,

It's my first post here, just after a few daus using the MP drone. Today me and my wife had a great day on the beach, took some great shots with the Mavic, but i made a mistake. After we finished flying I landed my drone on the beach pretty close to the water, and there was only very little waves. After landing I talked to my wife for a few secs, and a longer wave came across and hit the mavic, but it was also a small wave. I took it out fast, took battery out, no i placed it inhouse to dry.
Is it possible that I need to buy a new one? It didnt look very wet after the wave. I dont know if the water could get 'inside'...
Any suggestions or similar experiences?
Thx alot.

Salt water is very bad for electronics, so I would definitely open up your mavic to see if water got in. If so, clean with soft brush and distilled or deionized water...or maybe with isopropyl alcohol.

Reactions: Piggy
I think a good cleaning is a good recommendation. You have to decide how far inside you want to get, how comfortable you are.

Either way, I would bet it's reasonably splash-proof as far as the batteries go, yes. But the drone itself has a fan & is open inside, and I'd be interested in the motors as well.

There's a user here, Thunderdrones, that does a lot of repair work and has a stellar reputation. If you're interested he might be able to do some disassembly and inspection.

I think a good cleaning is a good recommendation. You have to decide how far inside you want to get, how comfortable you are.

Either way, I would bet it's reasonably splash-proof as far as the batteries go, yes. But the drone itself has a fan & is open inside, and I'd be interested in the motors as well.

There's a user here, Thunderdrones, that does a lot of repair work and has a stellar reputation. If you're interested he might be able to do some disassembly and inspection.
Thanks for your reply. Well i'm from Europe and i used the drone in Maldives, so it would be difficult to send it phisically to Thunderdrones.
The splash has been a lateral one, from the left side. So i don t know how much water got into it. Would be safe to wait like a week for the drone to dry, and then try to fire it up? Maybe it would still work...is there any risk doing that? The battery is dry and works.

Honestly, I think it would be. I wasn't there to see it of course but it doesn't sound like a big deal. Most water probably stayed on the outside, and if there were some that did get in then it probably had a path for air to get in and help dry it out as well.

I'd try to keep it in a cool, dry area and maybe even have a fan on it if feasible. After a few days give it a spin and just be very critical about anything you see out of the ordinary as far as how it acts. And don't fly over people or anything important that could be harmed if it did decide to "fall out of the sky".

But yes I think you're going to be OK.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato