DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro iOS Update

ksull72487

Reactions
The Gimbal calibrated and focused like a champ. Line is 100% straight. There seems to be some minor tweaks first time. I powered it took a bit longer to find its place after updating. But when it did I noticed it was parallel with the lines in my hotel. Before slight tilt. App ran a little smoother too. The test to that is the simulator. It uses your drones info and you fly around on the phone. Wayyy smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Has anybody used the new version in a real flight?

Rob

Will be using tomorrow. Complete test. Taking it to the RC field in the forest preserve. Turns out just about all these places require a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy by law or an AMA membership. The AMA membership is $75 a year and includes liability. Might I suggest you guys do it along with the FAA registration. Apparently the FAA is working with the AMA to integrate the drone registration as well.

It's a cheap alternative to an insurance policy provides coverage and makes you compliant as these sanctioned fields and law recognizes the AMA. At the moment I don't feel like insuring a drone at the price of my 30k Mini Cooper S lol.

In case you didn't know the AMA produced the majority of the regulations for the FAA in regards to Model Aircraft. They are taking on drones. It's advised you print your AMA number with your FAA number and place it on your drone. Supposedly in the future AMA holders will not need to register their drones with the FAA as the goal is to integrate it. As of right now that's not possible but odds are good it will happen. The coverage is actual insurance but under certain conditions like that you fly safe and not over people and not for commercial use. If your a Part 107 pilot then the AMA coverage won't help much, supplemental at best.

For the recreational pilot it's a steal and well worth it. I checked a bunch of RC Fields provided by the county etc. They all require a 1 million dollar liability policy OR an AMA membership. The AMA is your best bet for recreation.

Illinois

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost