DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Jello while stationary

Wanbli

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro that came in for repair for jello in the video feed while sitting stationary on the ground with the props off. I've checked the gimbal via a calibration, passed it with no issues. I've replaced the mounting board with no change. The owner said there was no crash involved and I see no evidence of a crash, the AC is clean. I've searched the forums and haven't found anything similar. Anyone experience this before? 🤔 If so, how'd you fix it?

Reactions: mereflyer
one thing springs to mind and that is the flat cable that feeds the signals to control the gimbal motors.
sometimes after prolonged use they can develop micro tears where they are bending back and forth as the gimbal is in use
its almost impossible to see them with the naked eye but even though the gimbal still does its startup dance, and it seems to calibrate successfully it can cause one or more of the gimbal motors to constantly connect /disconnect almost like a buzzer , and depending on where the damage is situated in the ribbon cable, can as i said affect one or more of the motors

one thing springs to mind and that is the flat cable that feeds the signals to control the gimbal motors.
sometimes after prolonged use they can develop micro tears where they are bending back and forth as the gimbal is in use
its almost impossible to see them with the naked eye but even though the gimbal still does its startup dance, and it seems to calibrate successfully it can cause one or more of the gimbal motors to constantly connect /disconnect almost like a buzzer , and depending on where the damage is situated in the ribbon cable, can as i said affect one or more of the motors
Thanks 😁 I'll change it out & see if that fixes it. 😉

I have a Mavic Pro that came in for repair for jello in the video feed while sitting stationary on the ground with the props off. I've checked the gimbal via a calibration, passed it with no issues. I've replaced the mounting board with no change. The owner said there was no crash involved and I see no evidence of a crash, the AC is clean. I've searched the forums and haven't found anything similar. Anyone experience this before? 🤔 If so, how'd you fix it?
Have you looked closely at those little rubber bands that support the camera, to see if they are not dislodged or broken. I seem to remember a previous post on this forum a fair while ago. It might be relevant to your problem.

Please let us know if you do find and fix this, so we can all be educated.

Reactions: old man mavic
Have you looked closely at those little rubber bands that support the camera, to see if they are not dislodged or broken. I seem to remember a previous post on this forum a fair while ago. It might be relevant to your problem.

Please let us know if you do find and fix this, so we can all be educated.
Thanks for the reply. 😊 Yes, as I said in the OP, I replaced the gimbal mounting board with no change. 😉 I'm hoping to change the ribbon cable today, so I'll let you know the results after I test it. 😁

Thanks for the reply. 😊 Yes, as I said in the OP, I replaced the gimbal mounting board with no change. 😉 I'm hoping to change the ribbon cable today, so I'll let you know the results after I test it. 😁
Ok, so changing the ribbon cable did nothing. So I tried cutting up the little foam balls and placed them inside the rubber band corners. With some size tweaking, that did the trick. NO MORE JELLO!!😊

WOW, did you take any picturs or video of these little foam balls installed??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada