DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Jello

HeadShake

Reactions
I have had this Mavic Pro for a long time. Great drone and great camera. I usually would use the P4P for the company marketing video but it was not available to me on Friday so I pulled out the Mavic pro. I had just recorded the POI to do an orbit and I saw a couple jerks on my ipad screen. I saw that two times but I thought I would have enough footage to get what I needed. When I opened the file on my computer I saw that pretty much the whole session was all jello to the point that it is unusable footage. I checked the position of the absorbing plate and it is correct. I have plate misalignment in the past so I knew what to inspect there. I am wondering if maybe the rubber on the absorbing plate is just worn out and has finished serving me well. Maybe the gimbal flex cable? I have not seen any update files come in for a few months so I don't think it is software or firmware. I am not seeing an answer in a search. What do you think?

AC: 4.050
App: 4.3.42

4K/30
ISO: 100, for this clip I needed a shutter of 1/160.
White Balance: Sunny
Color: D-Cinelike
Style: +1, -1, -1
ND: 16

I have had this Mavic Pro for a long time. Great drone and great camera. I usually would use the P4P for the company marketing video but it was not available to me on Friday so I pulled out the Mavic pro. I had just recorded the POI to do an orbit and I saw a couple jerks on my ipad screen. I saw that two times but I thought I would have enough footage to get what I needed. When I opened the file on my computer I saw that pretty much the whole session was all jello to the point that it is unusable footage. I checked the position of the absorbing plate and it is correct. I have plate misalignment in the past so I knew what to inspect there. I am wondering if maybe the rubber on the absorbing plate is just worn out and has finished serving me well. Maybe the gimbal flex cable? I have not seen any update files come in for a few months so I don't think it is software or firmware. I am not seeing an answer in a search. What do you think?

AC: 4.050
App: 4.3.42

4K/30
ISO: 100, for this clip I needed a shutter of 1/160.
White Balance: Sunny
Color: D-Cinelike
Style: +1, -1, -1
ND: 16

Maybe this might work?

I never saw that one. I was headed straight to the mount replacement. I will give this a look. Thanks for the effort. Was it something you had to deal with personally?

I tried the foam out. I two different densities. First I used some weather stripping but felt like it was too stiff. Then I used a soft foam that a projector bub was delivered in. I thought that one was going to work out but No luck. I shot some footage again today and it was equally as bad.

I did not change the props. They have about 180 minutes of air time on this set but I will try it out.

I changed the props and flew 3 batteries. The video was certainly a bit better but the jello is not solved. I was a good idea anyways as troubleshooting.
so I am going to go ahead and order an absorption board. It looks worn out. To be honest I don’t really have faith that my problem will be solved with that replacement.
So on to the gimbal. Does anyone know what happens to gimbals? Does the whole part really fail or is it most likely a flex cable that is the problem with the gimbal. I would like to know if gimbals are being replaced because the flex is a punk to install. The place I buy parts from said that 7 out of 10 times he replaces the gimbal. He doesn’t say why. I am happy to buy a gimbal if it is the correct choice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000