DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Keeps Auto Landing

ChazzMonkey

Reactions
I first encountered this problem using the FT Aviator but it is happening with a "Plain Vanilla" ios set up . I launch the bird. Sometime I get a wireless interference message (you get that almost all the times with the FT). I launch with RTH and just using the sticks. Immediately the bird starts to land with this message Aircraft landing close to home point. This has happened in 3 or 4 various locations. Any help appreciated.

here is message

Aircraft close to home point "go home" shifts to "landing

Last edited:
Reactions: nexus21
Reactions: AMann
???

If you are closer than X (for the M1P, less than 5m / 16') to the home point, and click RTH, it will land.
Are you at about this distance or closer ?

The full RTH characteristics are listed on page 16 of the manual . . .

RTH has worked perfectly. It seems to be kicking in by itself. I press the launch button the home point is set and the bird lands, showing the message:

I'll post logs asap

RTH has worked perfectly. It seems to be kicking in by itself. I press the launch button the home point is set and the bird lands, showing the message:

I'll upload the log as soon as I can.

I first encountered this problem using the FT Aviator but it is happening with a "Plain Vanilla" ios set up . I launch the bird. Sometime I get a wireless interference message (you get that almost all the times with the FT). I launch with RTH and just using the sticks. Immediately the bird starts to land with this message Aircraft landing close to home point. This has happened in 3 or 4 various locations. Any help appreciated.

here is message

This is normal behavior when the drone is close... like 20 or thirty feet.. as suggested above, check the full online manual downloadable from the DJI site.

Here is the log

I can't see where the RTH was activated in that log, only you were in P-GPS twice, then the message > Aircraft close to Home Point. "go home" shifts to "landing".

Did you press the RTH button twice in the flight ?
If so, both times you were closer than 5m / 16', so that means it auto lands there and then.

Maybe others can disseminate that log better and see any RTH button use.

I can't see where the RTH was activated in that log, only you were in P-GPS twice, then the message > Aircraft close to Home Point. "go home" shifts to "landing".

Did you press the RTH button twice in the flight ?
If so, both times you were closer than 5m / 16', so that means it auto lands there and then.

Maybe others can disseminate that log better and see any RTH button use.
I NEVER hit the rth button.

I'm going to recalibrate the IMU and compass and see if that helps. It happened using the DJI Go app and FT Aviator App so I'm thinking something is happening on the bird.

here is message

The first autoland event in the log that you posted was caused by the RC RTH button being pressed at 129.4 seconds. That's recorded as RC_OnekeyGoHome in the OSD_flightAction log field. But since the aircraft was too close to the home point, it went straight to autolanding at 129.5 seconds, recorded as (OSD_flightAction = TooCloseGoHomeLanding). You canceled that at 139.6 seconds, but it happened again at 152.2 seconds.

Battery.png

You mentioned that you did not request RTH, but you also stated that you"launch with RTH". What does that mean? Can you clarify that you are definitely not touching the RC RTH button?

Reactions: Roy A
The first autoland event in the log that you posted was caused by the RC RTH button being pressed at 129.4 seconds. That's recorded as RC_OnekeyGoHome in the OSD_flightAction log field. But since the aircraft was too close to the home point, it went straight to autolanding at 129.5 seconds, recorded as (OSD_flightAction = TooCloseGoHomeLanding). You canceled that at 139.6 seconds, but it happened again at 152.2 seconds.

View attachment 85803

You mentioned that you did not request RTH, but you also stated that you"launch with RTH". What does that mean? Can you clarify that you are definitely not touching the RC RTH button?
Sure. I launched by hitting launch icon on the DJI go app. It the asks for precise landing, which I also check then slide to the right to launch. Thats what I did.

Here is a new clue. I can not recalibrate the IMU. I keep getting an IMU2 failure time out -2 code

Sure. I launched by hitting launch icon on the DJI go app. It the asks for precise landing, which I also check then slide to the right to launch. Thats what I did.

Here is a new clue. I can not recalibrate the IMU. I keep getting an IMU2 failure time out -2 code
Thanks for the help so far appreciate the time/effort

OK - so you chose the precision landing option on takeoff. Can you retrieve and post the mobile device DAT file for that flight - it will be FLY131.DAT.

How to retrieve a mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

OK - so you chose the precision landing option on takeoff. Can you retrieve and post the mobile device DAT file for that flight - it will be FLY131.DAT.

How to retrieve a mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet
OK what do I do with the file. The viewer doesn't open it. Is there another way to post it here? Never mind here it is.

I just did 2 or 3 very short flights with no problem. Then it happened again.

BTW I was very careful to not touch anything.

Attachments

• 2019-11-16_14-21-32_FLY131.DAT
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
OK what do I do with the file. The viewer doesn't open it. Is there another way to post it here?

All good, these blokes have software to view the DAT.
The IMU not being able to be recalibrated, MU2 failure time out -2 code, could be an issue, so I guess now we'll see if the DAT gives up any info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu