DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro landing hard

Wriggers

Reactions
Hi everyone, I was using litchi for a short mission flight recently which was fine but when it came to land it suddenly dropped from about 2 metres and landed hard.
My question is could it have been caused by the fitment of landing skids which could have been interfering with the downward sensors? although they don't look as though the skids are obscuring the sensors.
Another thing to consider is that when I flew the same mission previously,I took off from a nearby but higher position, would it have used that higher home point as a reference and thought it had landed when in fact where I did land it was about 2 m lower?
Nothing showed up in the logs.
Luckily these skids took the impact and apart from damage to a skid the Mavic was unharmed and flew well again afterwards on the Go App
I attach photos of the skids.
Sorry if it's a stupid question but I'm wary of using these skids again.
Thanks

Attachments

• 16204801391114151761558381095499.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 36
  • 1620480166711144181990482866839.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 31
The problem is not the landing gear or the sensors.

GPS is good but its just not always on Point , it never has been so when it comes to landing it always best to take over command , so if something does go wrong your ready and aware to make the adjustments.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Pro in the Rain .

Phantomrain, the bird doesnt rely on just GPS when landing it uses its proximity sensors.

Wriggers, I've no experience with those skids, but it is plausible that they could pehaps cause some interference even though the pictures show the sensors to be clear

Not sure about your point on landing at a different spot, it shouldnt make a difference, even when manually landing the last part of the descent is actualy done automatically by the drone, so unless of course you have a problem with the sensors/obstacle avoidance system it should be soft landing

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Take the skids off and see if it lands properly without them.
But stay alert in case it wants to hit hard even then.

Reactions: Thomas B
When I fly a mission, toward the "end" of it I put drone in "Sport" mode, then immediately take it back out of Sport mode... this negates the mission and I am able to land it myself, using controller. Works very well...

Welcome to the Forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Yes, I agree any accessories attached to the under body, its important to make sure that what ever it is. It's not interfering with the sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ